• 35(current)
Gotham Beta TESTING THREAD
(2014-04-30, 21:18)Intel Wrote:
(2014-04-30, 21:11)fritsch Wrote: That debug log won't help. "Keep alive" streams random noise in a non hearable low volume. Some lowquality AVR components interpret that noise and produce interference ...

So what are my options? Should I post my log or is it no use? I'm using a Onkyo NR616 receiver, I only experience the crackling if I'm in not playing any media. I've never had the crackle while I pause a show/movie.
Don't think pausing a video actually terminates the current audio stream(?) The "keep alive" stream that only "plays" when no playback is going on - seems to be your issue.

Logs are always welcome - at worst they wont help solve the issue, but more than often they give clear indications (so posting a debug log along with any problem, is just a good routine to get used to).

What is your current reason for using the "keep audio alive" feature? It seems your AVR is the likely culprit in this instance, but maybe your basis for using "keep audio alive" can be tackled in some other manner. Your audio connectivity might also be relevant in this case. If using Directsound - theoretically - something else might be introducing the noises.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
XBMC Build: 13.0-RC1 Git:20140427-2372235 (Compiled: Apr 27 2014)

Issue: Queue list is missing?

I am sorry if this has already been brought up, I did a quick search and could not find any results. But I like to set up a queue list by highliting a file, hitting the C key on my keyboard and selecting "Queue item" - I do this for multiple files. Then, in the past I would hit the C key again and there would be a way to view the queue list - I believe it was under "Now Playing...". This option seems to be gone or moved elsewhere.

Any help?
(2014-04-30, 21:18)Intel Wrote:
(2014-04-30, 21:11)fritsch Wrote: That debug log won't help. "Keep alive" streams random noise in a non hearable low volume. Some lowquality AVR components interpret that noise and produce interference ...

So what are my options? Should I post my log or is it no use? I'm using a Onkyo NR616 receiver, I only experience the crackling if I'm in not playing any media. I've never had the crackle while I pause a show/movie.

Just disable "Keep Audio alive".
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I'm having this issue that when I'm playing a Movie / TV Show with 5.1 audio it sounds like the center speaker / front speakers are only used when there is surround sound.
So in other words, the sound that you normally hear from the Center and Front speakers I now hear from the surround speakers and vice versa.

Attached a screenshot and logflie
I'm on a Mac Mini with OX 10.9.2 on it and running Gotham RC 1

Log: http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=191239
Screenshot of the Audio settings: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7jyUO3...sp=sharing
Hi,

I'm facing a problem with actual RC1, regarding TV-Shows.

Adding a TV-Show with locally stored information (via EmberMediaManager) is working good (season 01, season 02, etc).
Once I want to add an additional Season later on, the Season-poster is not showing up.
The naming of the files is correct. By forcing an update via "i"->"refresh" "use local information" the season-poster appears.

This is not quite new, as I noticed this with previous Frodo also.
I'm using the standard confluence-skin.

Best regards
@guenzelsen

Thats fine, known bug

There is a fix for it but its not going to make Gotham.
(2014-05-02, 15:48)uNiversal Wrote: There is a fix for it but its not going to make Gotham.

Keep an eye on this PR:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3546
(2014-05-01, 06:40)chsados Wrote: OS: Windows 7 Professional
XBMC Build: 13.0-RC1 Git:20140427-2372235 (Compiled: Apr 27 2014)

Issue: Queue list is missing?

I am sorry if this has already been brought up, I did a quick search and could not find any results. But I like to set up a queue list by highliting a file, hitting the C key on my keyboard and selecting "Queue item" - I do this for multiple files. Then, in the past I would hit the C key again and there would be a way to view the queue list - I believe it was under "Now Playing...". This option seems to be gone or moved elsewhere.

Any help?

On Confluence skin it's now in left side out menu as Current Playlist
(2014-05-02, 14:16)sossienl Wrote: I'm having this issue that when I'm playing a Movie / TV Show with 5.1 audio it sounds like the center speaker / front speakers are only used when there is surround sound.
So in other words, the sound that you normally hear from the Center and Front speakers I now hear from the surround speakers and vice versa.

Attached a screenshot and logflie
I'm on a Mac Mini with OX 10.9.2 on it and running Gotham RC 1

Log: http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=191239
Screenshot of the Audio settings: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7jyUO3...sp=sharing

Please see this post, and follow the feedback and replies. It sounds like it could be the same issue, and I believe he/she worked it out.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
In particular, this follow up: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1681757
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hi,

Just wanted to share that the nightly build from May 1st (the first build with the updated icons, which btw look awesome), on Windows 8.1 Update 1, the Taskbar icon when XBMC is running (which can be pinned is still the old icon.
It's a little weird because the icon which shows when hovering over this taskbar icon with the mouse, or when right clicking on this task bar (allowing to pin/unpin to taskbar) have all been updated, as have the larger "Start Screen" icon one...

As an FYI, I unpinned and repinned XBMC just to make sure that wasn't the issue..
Blame windows Smile
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
LOL!
Done and done... Blame assigned! Wink
Gotham running on Apple tv 1 using crystalbuntu wont connect to wifi
Not a Gotham bug, we don't do wireless. Ask the makers of crystalbuntu.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham Beta TESTING THREAD2