• 6(current)
Gotham Beta TESTING THREAD
(2014-03-07, 12:38)Novin Wrote:
(2014-03-06, 22:44)fritsch Wrote: Ouh noez.

Please disable VAAPI, that wrapper you use for your nvidia card, causes that issue. Disable VAAPI and keep VDPAU enabled. And post another log.

Yes that works. This problem didn't exist in 12.3 so maybe XBMC can be fixed to also work with the defaults (both enabled) for NVIDIA cards on Linux?

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=144484

We cannot fix/workaround every broken wrapper out there. Remove the broken driver and all will be fine.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-03-07, 12:46)afedchin Wrote:
(2014-03-07, 12:27)awskip Wrote:
(2014-03-07, 11:21)afedchin Wrote: @awskip, Try set all color enhancement to "Application Settings" or similar at the system video drivers settings page.

Its always been set to this.

Found 2 ways to get this issue.

1) Render Method --> DXVA-HD

2) Allow DXVA2
Hm.. please take a screenshot of "Adjust video image settings", I don't remember NVidia Control Panel.

Some strange audio-related (as far as I can tell) issues - possibly 2 different ones:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=144512

first play (movie 1) worked perfectly, with sound.
2nd play (movie 2) was playing at about 8 fps, chopping, and no audio.
3rd play (movie 1) works fine.
4th played fine(movie 3) works fine - pass-through audio
5th play (movie 2) 8fps issue
6th play (movie 1) 8fps issue
7th (movie 4) pass through audio - work fine
8th (movie 1) works fine
9th (movie 2) works fine
10th (movie 4)- it all goes really bad here. It can't create the audio stream and proceeds to play the movie as fast as it can without the audio to sync it, spitting errors the entire time. At this point the audio system has 'crashed' for ALL audio playback, passthrough or analog, and I have to restart xbmc to get it back.
Curiously the issue on play #10 only seems to happen if I leave it sit for a while and play a passthrough audio movie. It might be related to the keep audio alive thing, but it has to sit for longer than 1min (as it did on play 7), so I doubt it.

Audio on the menu system (ticks etc) between movies is also very intermittent - sometimes it works, sometimes nothing at all.

I've tried the different 'keep audio device alive' options and they don't seem to matter at all on any of the issues. I've also tried the 'optimized' vs 'best match' to no difference.

As long as I've got that log file posted too - here's what happens on the video side of things when I play that 3d movie (movie 4):
It's all squished horizontally, yet when I take a screenshot it's the right AR with side black bars - and curiously doesn't show the 3d anaglyph effect (though I'm guessing that's intentional?)
I would guess this has something to do with scaling, because the video is 1920x2160

EDIT: After upgrading to 13.10 (still with no pulseaudio - just updated alsa I guess) it looks like the 8fps issue is fixed, but the failure on #10, UI audio intermittentcy, and 3d thing is still happening.

edit2: I did try with pulseaudio in 13.10 for a bit and it seemed to fix all audio issues (though pulse itself seems to have an issue with passthrough audio/5.1 on my setup that I haven't looked at yet - probably just some settings) so.. one possible solution here might be 'install pulseaudio' which is an interesting change of things.
@awskip, thank you. I'll investigate issue asap.
Everything is fine here so far, exept for the subtitles which refuse to appear.

I'm using XBMC 13.0-BETA2 Git:20140306-1cba479 on Ouya, and the problem appears on Aeon nox 5 preview 8 and stock confluence.

Log

Other than that, its just a huge improvement from Frodo, as far as Ouya is concerned!

Thanks a lot for your work!

Cheers.
hi, on an early 2008 mac pro w/geforce gtx285, the app will crash right away. steps to reproduce:
  • remove previous xbmc
  • remove ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC directory
  • drag XBMC.app from dmg to /Applications
  • right-click "open", accepting unsigned application
  • crash handler appears

division by zero ;-) when run from terminal, the only output is "Floating Point Error: 8"; no log file is created before it crashes.

tested with both beta1 and the nightly of march 7. crash report is at http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=144556
I have posted earlier in this thread but I guess my post was missed. Will this issue will be looked at: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1643567 ?

Some people have the same problem as you can see here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1644569

We did not get any answer yet.
Anyone else notice that watched items are not being removed from the "Recently Added" widgets in the Beta, both movies and tv? Have noticed this on separate Windows 7x64 systems, one fresh install, one upgrade from Frodo 12.3. Not at home so I can't post a log ATM, just thought I'd put it out there.

Have also notice that during library updates, the Home Screen menu twitches back and forth 2-3 times.

Will try to get a log up for this later today.
Anyone have audio sync issues since Gotham B1? I'm not sure if I need to post a log, but audio seems to be slightly ahead of video.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
(2014-03-07, 21:16)patseguin Wrote: Anyone have audio sync issues since Gotham B1? I'm not sure if I need to post a log, but audio seems to be slightly ahead of video.

Problems --> always no exception = Debug log (wiki) Big Grin why even ask? Big Grin
(2014-03-07, 14:32)mrsix Wrote: edit2: I did try with pulseaudio in 13.10 for a bit and it seemed to fix all audio issues (though pulse itself seems to have an issue with passthrough audio/5.1 on my setup that I haven't looked at yet - probably just some settings) so.. one possible solution here might be 'install pulseaudio' which is an interesting change of things.

Please see here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=PulseAudio

And also please state what I can improve on that wiki page. PA is a Desktop Audio System, so some changes are needed to play either 5.1 or using Passthrough.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
@fritsch - That Division by Zero is in activeae

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=144556
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Something does not block, when it should block. Is this device hot plug? Then a lock is missing.
(2014-03-07, 16:36)f4k3 Wrote: hi, on an early 2008 mac pro w/geforce gtx285, the app will crash right away. steps to reproduce:
  • remove previous xbmc
  • remove ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC directory
  • drag XBMC.app from dmg to /Applications
  • right-click "open", accepting unsigned application
  • crash handler appears

division by zero ;-) when run from terminal, the only output is "Floating Point Error: 8"; no log file is created before it crashes.

tested with both beta1 and the nightly of march 7. crash report is at http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=144556

Can you post a debug log (wiki) aswell?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi

The Passtrough does not seem to work. The Receiver show only Multichannel and not DTS HD or somthing else.

LOG

Screenshot Audio

kind regards
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham Beta TESTING THREAD2