• 2(current)
Gotham Beta TESTING THREAD
PatK: Mind posting a minimal log. i.e. start XBMC, do minimal steps to reproduce fault. Post log. Note down exactly those steps.

Thanks Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2014-03-04, 15:48)Dixon Butz Wrote: Static with DTS flacs and DTS ape's.

Multichannel flacs play only 2 channels.

OMG I am an asshole Nod

Was in a rush when I posted that. I did a clean install and re-configured my audio settings at expert level. They are playing fine using Win7 x64, Nvidia HDMI, Denon 3312 receiver.
I do get static in this scenario: This is what I was getting earlier I think.
Play a multichannel FLAC. Then without stopping, play a DTS FLAC or a DTS APE, then I get static everytime unless I press stop in between.
Also while playing a DTS FLAC, then playing a MC FLAC without stopping first, it only plays 2 channels. If I stop first, it plays fine.
I'll get a log in a few minutes.
Having a hard time reproducing the static when switching from a multi channel FLAC to a DTS FLAC.
But when I play a DTS FLAC and then play a MC FLAC, it plays only 2 channels. Here is an debug log. Might just be my Denon receiver.

http://pastebin.com/D8pwchNd
(2014-03-05, 00:12)jmarshall Wrote: PatK: Mind posting a minimal log. i.e. start XBMC, do minimal steps to reproduce fault. Post log. Note down exactly those steps.

Thanks Smile

Start XBMC enter add-ons, mouse around exit (mouse or backspace key) screen & mouse freeze with add-on backdrop present; Task Manager exit with cntrl alt del (program halt)

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=143182

This one with all add-ons except for youtube disabled and a re-install of Gotham B1

Start XBMC enter add-ons, open Youtube enter name & password to menu 'freeze occurs here' ctrl + alt + del to exit.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=143195

I added a few add-ons back that I previously had good luck with the Alpha version, and all displayed some anomaly, search keyboard multiple times without request to cyclic live video with almost the inability to cancel, usually resulting in a freeze and cntl + alt + del exit.
I have an issue with Black screens on Android on Pivos Xios with Gotham Beta. Also I get "first run.." at each launch. Sometimes a reboot is required to launch a second time, and moist often I can not exit xbmc

Log file is here
http://www.teknogeekz.com/logs/adroidxbmc.txt

If you check the log just after debugging was enabled , the screen went black then and there appears to be soome issues with loading skin elements.
Anyone noticing white streaks in video? I haven't noticed this before upgrading so I'm wondering if it's something with Gotham.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
Similar issue as @Ptk
Issue:browse a video addon without playing anything then going back to Home will freeze xbmc when trying for second time.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=143227

Issue2: First item of an addon execute automatically. For example, Entering Aljajzeera addon play "watch live" option automatically. Entering Youtube "search" option execute automatically. If you try to stop the play for aljazeera it will start automatically like loop. Try to play video (Youtube) instead of live link (e.g. aljajeera) will not cause freeze but will freeze when going back to home

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=143230
OK firstly I can't paste a debug log because I can't control the UI.

Problem occurs in Windows 7 x64.

I tried the Gotham nightly a couple of weeks ago and had this problem. Reinstalled Frodo and problem went away.

Decided to try the Gotham Beta today and the problem is still there. I had Metropolis as my skin which has not been updated, so I reinstalled Frodo, switched to confluence then reinstalled Gotham Beta again and problem is still there.

The problem: The UI acts as though the left arrow key on the keyboard is stuck down, so the menu options are constantly scrolling left. Nothing I can do (other than going back to Frodo) will regain me control.

I can take a video but I don't know if that will help?

Any suggestions on what I can provide to help diagnose the issue apprecited. My main devices are ATV2s, but for WAF reasons I test on my PC first. I am not game to install on the ATV2s until it is working on the PC.
(2014-03-05, 03:29)AndrewWOz Wrote: OK firstly I can't paste a debug log because I can't control the UI.

Problem occurs in Windows 7 x64.

I tried the Gotham nightly a couple of weeks ago and had this problem. Reinstalled Frodo and problem went away.

Decided to try the Gotham Beta today and the problem is still there. I had Metropolis as my skin which has not been updated, so I reinstalled Frodo, switched to confluence then reinstalled Gotham Beta again and problem is still there.

The problem: The UI acts as though the left arrow key on the keyboard is stuck down, so the menu options are constantly scrolling left. Nothing I can do (other than going back to Frodo) will regain me control.

I can take a video but I don't know if that will help?

Any suggestions on what I can provide to help diagnose the issue apprecited. My main devices are ATV2s, but for WAF reasons I test on my PC first. I am not game to install on the ATV2s until it is working on the PC.

Try installing Frodo, then go into XBMC -> Settings -> System -> Input devices -> and then disable joystick support.

Then try using Gotham again. I think there was (is?) a bug where accelerometer sensors or something caused phantom input just like you describe.
(2014-03-05, 03:33)Ned Scott Wrote: Try installing Frodo, then go into XBMC -> Settings -> System -> Input devices -> and then disable joystick support.

Then try using Gotham again. I think there was (is?) a bug where accelerometer sensors or something caused phantom input just like you describe.

Thank you so much, that fixed it Smile
There's no "Gotham Beta 1" entry in the version dropdown list on the bugtracker at the moment.
Warnings at compilation time :
Sorry, I don't have the full log, I'm compiling into a "screen" session and so, lost a lot of lines.
Of course I can recompile it if needed, just ask.

Warnings are just ... warnings, I know, but sometimes warnings hide errors, so I think it's important to clean them as much as possible.

Compilation outputs (at the end) :
Code:
Ymload.cpp:251:44: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]
Ymload.cpp:264:17: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘ymchar* {aka char*}’ [-Wwrite-strings]
Ymload.cpp:265:36: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]
Ymload.cpp:266:30: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]
Ymload.cpp:267:31: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]
Ymload.cpp:268:44: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]
Ymload.cpp:282:17: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘ymchar* {aka char*}’ [-Wwrite-strings]
Ymload.cpp:283:36: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]
Ymload.cpp:284:30: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]
Ymload.cpp:285:39: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]
Ymload.cpp:286:44: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]
Ymload.cpp:290:58: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]
Ymload.cpp:298:44: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]
Ymload.cpp:326:44: warning: operation on ‘pw’ may be undefined [-Wsequence-point]
Ymload.cpp:345:32: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]
Ymload.cpp:349:32: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]
Ymload.cpp:354:44: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]
Ymload.cpp:361:44: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]
Ymload.cpp:393:31: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]
Ymload.cpp:394:45: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]
Ymload.cpp:418:44: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]
Ymload.cpp:467:33: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]
Ymload.cpp:471:33: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]
Ymload.cpp:481:46: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]
Ymload.cpp:485:38: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]
Ymload.cpp: In member function ‘ymbool CYmMusic::checkCompilerTypes()’:
Ymload.cpp:501:67: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]
Ymload.cpp:520:17: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]
Ymload.cpp: In member function ‘ymbool CYmMusic::load(const char*)’:
Ymload.cpp:539:33: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]
Ymload.cpp:550:31: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]
Ymload.cpp:561:37: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]
Ymload.cpp: In member function ‘ymbool CYmMusic::loadMemory(void*, ymu32)’:
Ymload.cpp:609:31: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’ [-Wwrite-strings]
CPP     lib/stsound/StSoundLibrary/YmMusic.o
YmMusic.cpp: In member function ‘void CYmMusic::ymTrackerPlayer(ymTrackerVoice_t*)’:
YmMusic.cpp:609:10: warning: unused variable ‘freq’ [-Wunused-variable]
YmMusic.cpp: In member function ‘void CYmMusic::ymTrackerVoiceAdd(ymTrackerVoice_t*, ymsample*, ymint)’:
YmMusic.cpp:674:11: warning: unused variable ‘vb’ [-Wunused-variable]
Forget it, theres thousands of warnings in when compiling spread all over the place. And some of them far more menacing than those. Unless somene that can code goes and fixes them reasons, in some RFC I doubt anyone will.
I have encountered odd behaviour with touch screen control on ARM. (Maybe I do something wrong...)

Problem:
I'm unable to open the left menu bar (in contexts where available), so it stays open and allows me selection of entry, if there isn't a non selectable entry (e.g. blue menu separator or greyed out entry) in the 'row' I perform the swipe/tap to open the menu bar.
If there is a selectable item:
  • the menu bar immediately closes itself if performed a swipe to open or
  • executes/enters the selected menu entry if performed a tap to open.

From a user's point of view, I expect the menu bar to open with the swipe/tap interaction and do selecting of menu entry by second subsequent interaction.

For better illustration and steps to reproduce:
  • Start XBMC.
  • Select e.g. Music. (every context with left menu bar)
  • Swipe from left to right from the left boarder of the touch screen (or tap) in the 'row' where 'Library Mode' will appear. Result: menu bar stays open. [case 1]
  • Close the menu bar.
  • Swipe from left to right from the left boarder of the touch screen in the 'row' where 'Filter' will appear. Result: menu bar is immediately closed. [case 2]
  • Tap on the right arrow symbol to open the menu bar in the 'row' where 'Filter' will appear. Result: the 'Filter' entry is immediately executed. [case 3]

(I have taken the screenshots from Windows build since it is a mess on Android.)
case 1:

case 2:

case 3:

log: http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=143372
[This is a repost of an issue I placed on the XBMC Windows support forum, thought this might be a better home - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=188163, Feel free to delete older post if there is where this post really belongs]
Hey All,

I am having some issues after I upgraded from Frodo (12.3) to Gotham Beta 1. I searched around on the forums and for GitHub issues and it did not appear that anyone has encountered my issue so far.

Basically, my setup is a little complex but here it goes.

I have a shared SQL server that maintains the watched status for all my content. All of my content is stored on a central NAS. When I upgraded to Gotham Beta 1 all of my content no longer plays, when I attempt to watch anything XBMC tells me that the content is missing and asks me if I want to remove it from my library.

I dug into the log file a bit thinking that maybe my SQL upgrade went awry. It doesn't appear that happened:

23:57:14 T:10072 DEBUG: CDatabaseManager::Initialize, updating databases...
23:57:14 T:10072 NOTICE: Running database version ViewModes6
23:57:14 T:10072 NOTICE: Running database version Textures13
23:57:14 T:10072 NOTICE: Running database version nterupt_xbmc_music46
23:57:14 T:10072 NOTICE: Running database version nterupt_xbmc_video78
23:57:14 T:10072 NOTICE: Running database version TV22
23:57:14 T:10072 NOTICE: Running database version Epg7
23:57:14 T:10072 DEBUG: CDatabaseManager::Initialize, updating databases... DONE

I have my account automatically scan all of my source folders for new content to update the database and a little bit below the above log info I found a long list of entries like this:

23:57:14 T:7008 WARNING: VIDEO::CVideoInfoScanner:Tonguerocess directory '\\nas\media\tv\A\Adventure Time\' does not exist - skipping scan.

It appears that XBMC has asserted this for every single media source folder I have. All of these shares are accessed via SMB and I verified (on the same system) that I can in fact access those files at the location above with Windows Explorer. This exact same setup worked 60min ago on Frodo, so this isn't a new setup that might have other issues.

Any ideas? Thanks for any/all help you guys can provide!

I'm on Windows 7 x64 completely patched.

Debug log:
http://pastebin.com/m4VaCz9U
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham Beta TESTING THREAD2