• 9(current)
Gotham Beta TESTING THREAD
One thing worth mentioning. If somebody, coming from 12.3, once updated to the nightlies post-Frodo, then went back to Frodo, he needs to deleted the videodb entry under userdata folder that was generated back then (I think it's videodb78 or videodb76, sorry not at my htpc currently). Otherwise Gotham beta doesn't upgrade the 12.3 database and starts using directly the updated version. Problem is, you lose all updates since your going back to Frodo 12.3.

I don't know if I explained this properly...
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
@bossanova808:

That would be due to the fact that OpenElec has merged PR3677.

i.e. this is something OpenElec has merged that isn't in mainline and won't be in Gotham.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I've been trying to get audio streaming from tablet to XBMC working (Spotify and Bubble UPNP), and it's broken ever since Gotham. It was working fine with Frodo.

WAV and LPCM (two options for audio streaming through upnp) are both broken with XBMC. WAV gets static noise, while LPCM just doesn't play at all. This was my original post at xda-developers forum:

--

Hello, this is what I use.

Media server running XBMC 13.1 (Gotham) with SPDIF passthrough to Logitech Z-5500 5:1 speaker set.
Nexus 7 tablet running a rooter rom, Xposed and the full version of Bubble UPNP.

I've been using Bubble UPNP and MX Player to stream video files from the media server to the tablet without problems for the past months. But now I want to stream Spotify from the tablet to XBMC. I can't get this done. I've rooted the tablet, enabled Xposed, selected XBMC as the render, local library as the library, but it just doesn't play.

When I change the codec in BubbleUPNP from Auto or LCPM to WAV, it does play (I can see the source being played on xbmc), but it produces a horrible noise. With Auto or LCPM, it just doesn't play at all.
I dont know if it's a bug or a change in the way things work, but my gamepad.xml is not working the same as in Frodo. In particular, this:

Code:
<VideoFiles>
          <gamepad>
               <B>Up</B>
          </gamepad>
    </VideoFiles>

is not working; the <global> behavior is executed when the B Button is pressed.

So I'm guessing the VideoFiles window is no longer called that?

Here's my complete gampead.xml:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
     <!-- GLOBAL -->
     <global>
          <gamepad>
               <!-- UP (Dpad)-->    
               <dpadup>Up</dpadup>
               <!-- DOWN (Dpad) -->
               <dpaddown>Down</dpaddown>    
               <!-- LEFT (Dpad) -->    
               <dpadleft>Left</dpadleft>
               <!-- RIGHT (Dpad) -->
               <dpadright>Right</dpadright>    
               <!-- PLAY (A) -->
               <A>Select</A>
               <!-- MENU (B) -->        
               <B>ParentDir</B>

<!-- UP HOLD (Left Shoulder Button)-->    
               <black>Up</black>
               <!-- DOWN HOLD (Right Shoulder Button)-->
               <white>Down</white>    
               <!-- LEFT HOLD (back)-->    
               <back>Left</back>
               <!-- RIGHT HOLD (start)-->
               <start>Right</start>    
               <!-- PLAY HOLD (Y)-->
               <Y>ContextMenu</Y>
               <!-- MENU HOLD (X) -->        
               <X>XBMC.ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu)</X>

<!-- UP 2x (Up on right stick)-->    
               <rightthumbstickup>Up</rightthumbstickup>
               <!-- DOWN 2x (Down on right stick)-->
               <rightthumbstickdown>Down</rightthumbstickdown>    
               <!-- LEFT 2x (Left on right stick)-->    
               <rightthumbstickleft>Left</rightthumbstickleft>
               <!-- RIGHT 2x (Right on right stick)-->
               <rightthumbstickright>Right</rightthumbstickright>    
               <!-- PLAY 2x (LeftTrigger)-->
               <leftthumbbutton>FullScreen</leftthumbbutton>
               <!-- MENU 2x (RightTrigger) -->        
               <rightthumbbutton>XBMC.ActivateWindow(videofiles)</rightthumbbutton>    
          </gamepad>
     </global>

<!-- VIDEO Files -->
    <VideoFiles>
          <gamepad>
        <!-- MENU (B) ParentDir -->        
               <B>Up</B>
               <rightthumbbutton>XBMC.ActivateWindow(home)</rightthumbbutton>
          </gamepad>
    </VideoFiles>

<!-- FULL SCREEN VIDEO -->
     <FullscreenVideo>
          <gamepad>
               <!-- UP (Dpad)-->    
               <dpadup>VolumeUp</dpadup>
               <!-- DOWN (Dpad) -->
               <dpaddown>VolumeDown</dpaddown>    
               <!-- LEFT (Dpad) -->    
               <dpadleft>StepBack</dpadleft>
               <!-- RIGHT (Dpad) -->
               <dpadright>StepForward</dpadright>    
               <!-- PLAY (A) -->
               <A>Pause</A>
               <!-- MENU (B) -->        
               <B>PreviousMenu</B>

<!-- UP HOLD (Left Shoulder Button)-->    
               <black>VolumeUp</black>
               <!-- DOWN HOLD (Right Shoulder Button)-->
               <white>VolumeDown</white>

<!-- LEFT HOLD (back)-->    
               <back>StepBack</back>
               <!-- RIGHT HOLD (start)-->
               <start>StepForward</start>

<!-- PLAY HOLD (Y)-->
               <Y>ShowSubtitles</Y>
               <!-- MENU HOLD (X) -->        
               <X>Stop</X>

<!-- UP 2x (Up on right stick)-->    
               <rightthumbstickup>SmallStepBack</rightthumbstickup>
               <!-- DOWN 2x (Down on right stick)-->
               <rightthumbstickdown>Mute</rightthumbstickdown>    
               <!-- LEFT 2x (Left on right stick)-->    
               <rightthumbstickleft>BigStepBack</rightthumbstickleft>
               <!-- RIGHT 2x (Right on right stick)-->
               <rightthumbstickright>BigStepForward</rightthumbstickright>    
               <!-- PLAY 2x (LeftTrigger)-->
               <leftthumbbutton>OSD</leftthumbbutton>
               <rightthumbbutton>XBMC.ActivateWindow(videofiles)</rightthumbbutton>
          </gamepad>
     </FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>
You probably just want <Videos>
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2014-03-10, 01:24)jmarshall Wrote: You probably just want <Videos>

Thanks! That did it.
Hey guys

Just Upgraded to Gothem and a message keeps poping up bottom right every 10sec or so.... "Windows Media Center Client - wingl windx x86 edition (Connection lost)

any ideas

Cheers
Taza
(2014-03-09, 22:32)jmarshall Wrote: @bossanova808:

That would be due to the fact that OpenElec has merged PR3677.

i.e. this is something OpenElec has merged that isn't in mainline and won't be in Gotham.

@jmarshall - thanks, good to know.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
(2014-03-10, 04:00)Taza13 Wrote: Hey guys

Just Upgraded to Gothem and a message keeps poping up bottom right every 10sec or so.... "Windows Media Center Client - wingl windx x86 edition (Connection lost)

any ideas

Cheers
Taza

Go into System->addons->enabled addons->pvr Client and disable that Media Center addon - this is a Known Bug in the pvr Manager which Manifests for some People ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Upgraded to Gotham and this is my experience so far:
a) It kept my old skin though it is not compatible (even said so). Had to restart to get the default one again
b) Didn't manage to get HDMI passthrough working but have to retest that, so perhaps I did something wrong
c) All my movies were there but I couldn't play those that were located on a NAS. He always said that they aren't available (but they were accessible through the Windows Explorer). Haven't changed anything in the network setup except updaing to Gotham so I guess the error lies there somewhere. Was able to play local files though. Is there anything specific to check in such a case? As this is a major "feature" I doubt that it hadn't been tested yet so I guest I did something wrong. Any hints?
(2014-03-10, 10:33)Fellhuhn Wrote: c) All my movies were there but I couldn't play those that were located on a NAS. He always said that they aren't available (but they were accessible through the Windows Explorer). Haven't changed anything in the network setup except updaing to Gotham so I guess the error lies there somewhere. Was able to play local files though. Is there anything specific to check in such a case? As this is a major "feature" I doubt that it hadn't been tested yet so I guest I did something wrong. Any hints?

A few people have reported that the upgrade procedure had a problem with forward slash and back slash in the library url's. You might want to check the sql file to see if its wrong.

A rescan should also fix it though.
I tried a rescan and it did nothing. Or do you mean to readd the whole path to the library as if it was a new source? That would remove the "Watched" state of over 500 movies which I would like to avoid. Wink
Will take a look at the SQL database then, thanks for the tip.
(2014-03-10, 11:04)Fellhuhn Wrote: I tried a rescan and it did nothing. Or do you mean to readd the whole path to the library as if it was a new source? That would remove the "Watched" state of over 500 movies which I would like to avoid. Wink
Will take a look at the SQL database then, thanks for the tip.

I know its not a solution, but if you use the trakt.tv add-on it syncs your watched tags automatically.

Its great for a backup but also works if you are re-adding any sources.
Doesn't export library to separate files save watched status to the nfo file, not entirely sure as I've never used it.
(2014-03-10, 10:33)Fellhuhn Wrote: c) All my movies were there but I couldn't play those that were located on a NAS. He always said that they aren't available (but they were accessible through the Windows Explorer). Haven't changed anything in the network setup except updaing to Gotham so I guess the error lies there somewhere. Was able to play local files though. Is there anything specific to check in such a case? As this is a major "feature" I doubt that it hadn't been tested yet so I guest I did something wrong. Any hints?
Is this while in one of the Library nodes? if so have you tried going to Files then navigating your source folders to the location of the video files and trying to play them back in this Files view.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham Beta TESTING THREAD2