• 15(current)
Gotham Beta TESTING THREAD
Is there a known issue with Beta 1 and Beta 2 that prevent folders from being excluded during library updates? I have two folders (Comedy Stand Up and Anime) in my TV Shows folder that I have set to exclude from updates in their scraper settings but they continually are being added to my library. I can get around this by moving those folders out of TV Shows but I didn't have to do this in Frodo. I have confirmed this happens on both the Windows and Android builds using a shared MySQL database.
.srt files still isnt read if https is source even in beta2
(2014-03-18, 18:11)evolart Wrote: Is there a known issue with Beta 1 and Beta 2 that prevent folders from being excluded during library updates? I have two folders (Comedy Stand Up and Anime) in my TV Shows folder that I have set to exclude from updates in their scraper settings but they continually are being added to my library. I can get around this by moving those folders out of TV Shows but I didn't have to do this in Frodo. I have confirmed this happens on both the Windows and Android builds using a shared MySQL database.

When an item gets scanned in that shouldn't be (from an excluded folder), get "info" ("i" on a keyboard, info on a remote) on it and look at what it says under "path". Compare that to what the source path is for the excluded folder. It's possible you have a duplicate source path, but only one is being excluded.
Windows can't get image files (posters, fanart etc.) previously downloaded at media's folder.
I keep these files named as *-poster.jpg, poster.jpg, *-fanart.jpg, fanart.jpg for all my movies. Beta 1 can get the files, bug beta 2 don't:

beta 1: http://i.imgur.com/nz9VTzw.jpg

beta 2: http://i.imgur.com/pHPk1lo.png

(edit) example of a file dir: http://i.imgur.com/JLQqb7F.png

I have 5 box, being 2 in windows (only for test) and 3 Linux. All 3 linux boxes can get the files, but not the 2 running windows. Can't find anything useful in log...

Also, after a rebuild in my collection, I notice that the option "dateadded" in advancedsettings doesn't work anymore. Looks like was broken in beta 2 (i'm 99% sure it was working in beta 1). It is stuck in <dateadded>0</dateadded>. Even setting to 1, still using the current datetime when adding a video.

Cheers.
(2014-03-18, 16:15)uNiversal Wrote: Yes, feel free to chase your own ghosts here, dont begrudge me trying to understand and find similarities and even try to get at root cause for things that are in some ways related to a bunch of issues I see.

Sorry if you feel offended, that was not my intention and perhaps I should have worded things differently. However, I am certainly not chasing ghosts here but trying to discuss a possible issue. It's perfectly repeatable on my end and it would be a shame if this ends up in the final release without being corrected.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
This option in advancedsettings.xml has no effect anymore (PVR section, EPG-View in Timeline mode):

Code:
<pvr>
  <showepginfoonselect>false</showepginfoonselect>  <!--  When selecting an EPG fileitem, show the EPG info dialog if this setting is true. Start playback on the selected channel if false. -->
</pvr>

As this was a nice behaviour in Frodo i really miss that.
My main system - Gotham Beta2 running under Linux Mint on Intel Nuc Haswell hooked up to my TV - suddenly developed problem:
XBMC would start to open, get by the Splash screen and before could select anything from the Home Screen Menus, the program just closes suddenly (within seconds of starting)
I tried update and re-install however already shows at latest revision and no changes made.
I tried several times and it did exactly same - I cannot get program to launch for long enough to get into it to do anything to see what is happening!

So I went to a Laptop that I use for configuration testing - SAME THING!
It has essentially same config - XBMC Gotham Beta2 running in Linux Mint - it too crashes almost immediately.

I have a third machine - this runs windows XP and Frodo12.3 - that one successfully launches.

What can possibly have happened to have the two Gotham machines have exact same issue where the program crashes as soon as is launched?
The laptop Gotham machine had XBMC working fine just a few hours ago - now it and the other machine crashing on XBMC start.

How can I recover?
On the testbed system I uninstalled xbmc (but did not remove all the folders etc) and re-installed - same thing.
How can I get a log if it is not turned on with the program running - can I do this from Terminal?

I don't know that is a Gotham thing per se (I don't believe!) - so maybe premature in posting here (Moderators please move if appropriate)
But something in the Gotham set-ups common to both have suddenly caused the issue
I have pretty much same add-ons in the Frodo set-up (maybe a few more)

I tried running an OpenElec 32bit Gotham 2 beta off a USB stick and it starts up with no problem on the test machine.

I found how to get the crash log and have uploaded here

I guess this is the salient point:
Code:
Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
#0  0xb5f6fae2 in gnutls_x509_crt_import () from /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgnutls.so.26

Any analysis that can point me to issue will be most appreciated!

HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh

Post script - I found this thread in the Linux section - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=189722
Other than having automatic restart function, the behaviour of crashing with each re-start was at least mimicking what was was happening with mine.

Not too scientific, since I could not see indication of repo updates in my own crash log, but proceeded to at least clean up the repos I wasn't familiar with.
I actually removed most except for the main add-ons I use - just deleted the repos from the add-ons folder - this in my testing vehicle.
I got immediate success - the program now restarted without dropping out.
I repeated the process on my prime system, but this time a bit more systematically, deleting just one at a time
The very last of the repos I don't really use (I think I just got a bunch from Fusion to see what was in them) was one by VinnyDude - and when I deleted that it started up fine!!

Curiously when I download that to my Frodo system and looks to see what add-ons are there, it is empty!

So not sure what exactly going on there, but it seems to have cured the instant crashing.
Maybe someone knowledgeable can see if there is some clue in the crashlog.
(2014-03-19, 17:39)_BJ1 Wrote: This option in advancedsettings.xml has no effect anymore (PVR section, EPG-View in Timeline mode):

Code:
<pvr>
  <showepginfoonselect>false</showepginfoonselect>  <!--  When selecting an EPG fileitem, show the EPG info dialog if this setting is true. Start playback on the selected channel if false. -->
</pvr>

As this was a nice behaviour in Frodo i really miss that.

This setting has now been moved to the GUI so that it no longer requires an advancedsettings.xml file: XBMC -> Settings -> Live TV -> EPG -> Default select action
Hello,

excuse me for not providing a log, but I am not sure if this is even a bug and am pretty sure that nothing would show up in the logs concerning this issue.

I appreciate very much the inclusion of the 16-235 color range setting, as my old macbook pro outputs only RGB under OSX even though it recognises my TV as a TV. (Blame Apple, I do and have submitted feedback to them, but do not suppose they will introduce a toggle for this, they have failed to do so for years even though numerous people had the problem in both directions and complained a lot in various places on the internet.)

Anyhow, when selecting the limited range output the black level is set correctly to 16 but I am not so sure about the white point.
Using the AVSHD 709 test patterns I get blinking bars all the way up to 253 and can only change that by increasing the contrast to extreme levels.
In the test patterns provided by XBMC the white circles are also brighter than the rectangle around them in the pauses, that is while the black circles disappear.
(For comparison, if you set 16-235 on a display that expects full RGB both the white and the black circles stay visible during the pauses, showing even whiter and blacker circles. For further comparison, my macbook air - outputting studio levels natively - shows the circles only during blinking, and the macbook pro also only shows those when both the display and XBMC are set to RGB full)

Is this expected behaviour or am I misunderstanding something?

Thank you very much!

Macbook Pro 2010, Macbook Air 2012, both on OS X.9.2, XBMC 13.beta 2, Mini Displayport to HDMI cable, LG HDTV
Note that the 16-235 settings make only sense if your graphics driver outputs full range and TV is configured to limited range.
Thank you FernetMenta!
I know, this is why I need them on the MBP, as it can only output full range and the TV is for various reasons normally set to ycbcr mode.
(2014-03-20, 15:28)FernetMenta Wrote: Note that the 16-235 settings make only sense if your graphics driver outputs full range and TV is configured to limited range.

That was repeated by you at least a million times, so maybe it should be in settings information in xbmc?
(2014-03-20, 16:10)uNiversal Wrote:
(2014-03-20, 15:28)FernetMenta Wrote: Note that the 16-235 settings make only sense if your graphics driver outputs full range and TV is configured to limited range.

That was repeated by you at least a million times, so maybe it should be in settings information in xbmc?

Not a bad idea but I think the section is not big enough for all required information i.e. that this setting does not work with hw decoders like vaapi (sw filer method works), but does with vdpau. I don't know exactly how the various methods of DXVA2 behave. This setting is a bit of a try and error game.
Im not saying that all the absolute info must be included like all those other variables you mention, but the likes of driver must be full range and tv in limited makes sense in addition to what exists now. rest could perhaps belong in wiki somewhere.

It would be good for docs in wiki somewhere if ppl start documenting what limited range is called on their tv's, but that doesnt mean it all should go into settings info.
Lesson No. 1: Never mess with audiophiles and those that have bought calibration DVDs - they will follow you in your dreams.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham Beta TESTING THREAD2