Eject DVD submenu item missing
Hi,

I am using Metropolis skin on Kodibuntu (using Metropolis from the Helix Repo and Kodi Helix release). When I insert a DVD the menu item appears to play it. However, I do not see any way to eject the DVD. Glancing at the Metropolis-XML I see that a submenu-entry should appear - however, there is non displayed. This is independent of the layout (vertical, symbols, horizontal) I am using.

DVD eject menu item is correctly displayed in other skins (e.g., Confluence, Aeon Nox, Back Row) and works there as expected.

Any idea why this does not work for me?
I also appreciate instructions on how to investigate this further.

Thanks,
Marcel
Confluence (and probably the others you mentioned) show the Eject menu item unconditionally, even if there is no disc in the drive. Metropolis currently only shows it if there is a disc in the drive, using System.HasMediadvd for the visibility condition.

This works on my machines here, but it's possible it doesn't on Kodibuntu, or maybe even just something peculiar with your installation.

I'll change it to show it unconditionally, since it's useful to eject the tray even if there is no disc in the drive.

Until the next release, you can edit the XML yourself simply by deleting the following line

Code:
<visible>System.HasMediaDVD</visible>

from Includes_Home1.xml, Includes_Home2.xml, and Includes_Home3.xml.

Hmm.. looking into it more.. oddly, it will only show the Play Disc menu item too using the same visibility condition. Not sure why the submenu item wouldn't show then?

Either way I'll remove the visibility condition for the submenu item, since it won't show unless the Play Disc item is visible anyway, but still.. weird.
Thanks for the quick answer.

I removed the visible-tags from the files you mentioned. Weird thing is that the submenu is still not displayed (I restarted kodi to make sure the files are newly read).
So I played a bit more with the settings and found the culprit (in Includes_Home*.xml):
Code:
<visible>Container(9000).HasFocus(9)</visible>

If I change this to
Code:
<visible>Container(9000).HasFocus(1)</visible>
it works (I took 1 as Includes_HomeDeck.xml gives the Play Disc entry the ID 1).
Ahh, sorry.. I should have looked harder once it looked like it was wrong.. just really busy again here. I'll make this change too. Thanks!
No worries. Thanks for pointing me to the xml that matters. I am happy to contribute a bit back.

Thanks for your work and support.
Now if there were only a way to show the DVD menu if there was actually a DVD player drive installed. None of my boxes have a DVD player, so an always visible DVD menu is not a good use of menu space for me. (There is no conditional for System.HasDVDHardware BTW, I checked)
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
Weird. On my Mac mini, there is no disc drive at all, and the menu item doesn't show for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eject DVD submenu item missing0