dont know where to begin
my brother tipped me off to xbmc, wanting me to research it for him as hes not tech savvy and a co-worker told him he could watch "movies still in theaters for free". While ive since learned this isn't the case my research into what xbmc IS has left me bewildered as to how i would use it... In the near future ill be setting up a true media server to house some tv shows, my wife's huge picture collection, some movies and amazon prime. ive used ps3ms, ums, and plex in the past. i know just enough Linux to make me beat my head against a wall cause it takes 45 mins to set up a video driver.

Currently i have 7 1tb drives using 2 parity drives and 5 storage drives in a sans digital 8 bay jbod box, this box is connected to my asus rt-n66u router, and on my pc im using elucidate gui to run snapraid, crystal disk info for hdd monitoring and plex to stream to a chromecast, 2 ps3's, a tf201 tablet, a galaxy tab 7inch and android phones. this all seems to work well enough for my wife and son yet it seems too cobbled together for me...i want something slick, all-inclusive and singular. good luck right?

Ive ordered a case to build a standalone server. it will be a dual core 3ghz with 6g ddr2 ram and a geforce 8800 (old parts i had lying around) and the7 drives. however im not sure the best combination of softwares to use to be able to stream to all those devices, access my amazon prime and netflix acct, maintain my drives, protect my data and nicely catalog my media. also my two brothers upload pics to the unit so that our family has one central location to see all our pictures. some future projects would possibly be a pvr and some kind of epub share (if such a thing exists)
And I don't know where to start.

Your question was?
There was no question. He just makes the statement that he doesn't know where to begin.
OpenElec

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
dont know where to begin0