Raspberry Pi XBMC Tweaks ect....
Question 
Hello,

First post!

I have a Raspberry PI running openelec via noobs, i have been reading on the web about tweaks ect to do.

..Running OS from USB stick, some people have been using USB 3... don't see the benefit as the pi supports USB 2.
..Overclocking.... upto 1000MHz....
..OS tweaks.... Disable parts of the OS ect

From anyones experience with tweaks thats helped them, what are the best tweaks to do? Any help in increasing the performance will help.

Sorry if these questions have been asked 1000 times.
1. you should post this in the Pi section - but some of it has already been covered, so don't expect enthusiastic responses if you get this much wrong.
2. you should also look in the stmlabs forum, where a lot of tweaks are discussed.

That said, some USB3 devices are sufficiently faster, even operating on USB2 sockets, to make it worthwhile, and overclocking beyond a certain point renders installations unstable.
Derek
thanks for the information, i will keep searching!
Hey alistaircoleman,

- usb 3 keys are being used over usb 2 because most usb 2 keys are terrible (less than 1mb/s w/r), even the worst of usb 3 keys will have more speed than the Pi can handle
- May want to reconsider the USB offload entirely... Ive read there was a fix in openelec build in December that prevents the corruption of the SD card via too much over clocking. Just get a class 10 SD card with decent read/write
- 1000mhz is ambitious, but each Pi is different, start @ 850 and work you way up... not to say you cant go higher than 1000, but you will need a very good power supply and an above average Pi (most of the ones i have cant go above 950)

good luck

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspberry Pi XBMC Tweaks ect....0