XBMC v13 (Gotham) FAQ
See: XBMC_v13_(Gotham)_FAQ (wiki) - Frequently Asked Questions for upgrading to XBMC v13 (Gotham), including how to enable some of the new features, where some controls got moved to, etc.

The main aim of the FAQ is to answer questions for people who are coming from the last version to the new version. This includes things that have changed, moved, anticipated features (not not a full list of all changes as there's a changelog page for that), common/known issues, and also to serve as a gateway to new pages/areas on the wiki that go into further detail.

Please use this thread to discuss:
  • What's missing?
  • What should be added/removed/changed/made clearer?

Feel free to edit the wiki page directly or mention what you think should be changed in this thread.

NOTE: This thread is about improving the Gotham FAQ. It is not for troubleshooting. Unless it's directly related to the FAQ (such as clarifying instructions on the FAQ, an issue you think should be included, etc) don't post it in this thread and start a new thread instead.
The FAQ refers to the Gotham changelog which has an entry for Library that includes:

Quote:Added extensive MusicBrainz tags support to the Music Library and Database

1. the "extensive MusicBrainz tag support" is actually support for 2 tags MUSICBRAINZ_ARTISTID
and MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMID that are read at least in ID3, APE, and FLAC (Vorbis comment) tags (other supported tag formats not tested).

The MUSICBRAINZ_ARTISTID tag appears to work as follows (corrections please!):

The first tag found is associated with the first album artist found for that song file. The second occurrence is associated with the second album artist, etc. Based on this association, the MBID is stored in the Music Database. Note: if Album Artist tag is "various artists" it appears the association is performed on song artist, not album artist.

If the MUSICBRAINZ_ARTISTID tag was found and associated with an artist, a query based on that MBID will be passed to the designated music artist scraper. If the tag was not associated/not present, Album Artist name will be used as in previous versions.

Note that if an album artist has an associated MUSICBRAINZ_ARTISTID tag in one song file, but not in another, this can cause each to be entered into the database as different artists.

MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMID works the same way, except only one ID should be present in the song tags.

A new setting is available in System\Settings\Music\Library: Override song tags with online information. When this is selected, when the scraper queries MusicBrainz web site using the MUSICBRAINZ_ARTISTID or MUSICBRAINZ_ALBUMID, the artist name or album name returned from MusicBrainz will be stored in the database, rather than the artist name or album specified in the song tags. This can cause instances where the MusicBrainz album artist name is stored, and the tagged artist name as well (different names).

A new scraper option for artist and album scraper is available "Local Info Only". These scrapers will only read tag data.

Album cover art can be read from MP4 file metadata for music video (this will be used as the thumbnail instead of an extracted video frame) (I need to confirm this, but it seems like this is the case).

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
The FAQ links to:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...eta_builds

The beta repo URL for Cydia (http://mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/pre-release/ios/deb/) does not work. Cydia says that it is not a repo.
I have tried adjusting it to "http://mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/pre-release/ios/" and Cydia accepts it, but it does not show any files.

The only way to install it that I have found is to download the deb file and install it manually with iFile or Cydia.
(2014-03-06, 06:31)SirLoinOfBeef Wrote: The FAQ links to:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...eta_builds

The beta repo URL for Cydia (http://mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/pre-release/ios/deb/) does not work. Cydia says that it is not a repo.
I have tried adjusting it to "http://mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/pre-release/ios/" and Cydia accepts it, but it does not show any files.

The only way to install it that I have found is to download the deb file and install it manually with iFile or Cydia.

Correct...

There is no beta Cydia repo this time for Gotham. It's really not needed and last time it just caused a bunch of confusion when people had to switch back to the stable repo. If you look on the iDevice install page you will see that it doesn't mention a beta repo and it has been recently rewritten with instructions for install using the deb file and iFile.
What happened to auto sync subtitles? Seems to have gone awol Sad

Also, subtitle download doesnt work with Aeon Nox but guess that need upgrading.
I just upgraded my OE machine to gotham RC 1 and I am noticing every time pause something for an extended period and then play, the audio gets all distorted. The video is fine but it sounds like megatron is being strangled or something.

Anybody else experience this?
@ozkhan1 See the big black bold text in post #1
There seems to be significant changes in how video nodes are defined between Frodo and Gotham, but can't find anything on this.

scott s.
(2014-05-05, 23:20)scott967 Wrote: There seems to be significant changes in how video nodes are defined between Frodo and Gotham, but can't find anything on this.

scott s.

I wasn't aware of such changes and I'm still using the nodes I made using the v12 instructions on the video nodes (wiki) page. Is a specific parameter or option is different?
Milkdrop visualization has been gone and only open GL and waveform are there? Is there a reason for dropping it and not including it back in? Miss it from my XBOX days Sad
(2014-05-05, 23:22)Ned Scott Wrote: I wasn't aware of such changes and I'm still using the nodes I made using the v12 instructions on the video nodes (wiki) page. Is a specific parameter or option is different?

Just looking at the default files, in 12.2 for movie titles.xml I have this:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<node order="2" type="folder">
  <label>369</label>
  <path>videodb://1/2</path>
  <icon>DefaultMovieTitle.png</icon>
</node>

But in 13RC1 it is this:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<node order="2" type="filter">
  <label>369</label>
  <icon>DefaultMovieTitle.png</icon>
  <content>movies</content>
  <order direction="ascending">sorttitle</order>
</node>

so I assume something has changed?

scott s.
Interesting. I'll ask about it.
(2014-05-06, 00:41)yabel Wrote: Milkdrop visualization has been gone and only open GL and waveform are there? Is there a reason for dropping it and not including it back in? Miss it from my XBOX days Sad
I'm still enjoying Milkdrop with the latest, or am I misunderstanding and you're referencing the FAQ
What does everyone think about the Gotham FAQ right now? Anything you think it should have that its missing? Anything you think should be clearer?
(2014-05-09, 00:44)Ned Scott Wrote: What does everyone think about the Gotham FAQ right now? Anything you think it should have that its missing? Anything you think should be clearer?

Internet explorer also throws up a warning when downloading v13.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC v13 (Gotham) FAQ1