XBMC v13 (Gotham) FAQ
(2014-05-09, 12:20)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2014-05-09, 08:58)Ned Scott Wrote: Has anything in the music library actually changed? (I honestly don't know)

You mean apart from the major overhaul for the Musicbrainz integration Wink

Quite frankly, this really messed up my music library without much further advanced notice other than "'Music library needs to rescan tags from files. Would you like to scan now?" So yeah, this definitely needs mentioning in the FAQ.

I reverted back to Frodo (all went well going back, so kudos there), because I have some major reading to do regarding new things in the music library.
Does anyone know a different way to get wifi to work on the Apple tv 1 crystalbuntu version because it doesn't work on the settings and network manager is incompatible?
(2014-05-11, 21:31)deuce9123 Wrote: Does anyone know a different way to get wifi to work on the Apple tv 1 crystalbuntu version because it doesn't work on the settings and network manager is incompatible?

As someone has already told you, you need to ask this on the Crystalbuntu website.
Sorry but you were the first person to respond to my question!
(2014-05-11, 23:20)deuce9123 Wrote: Sorry but you were the first person to respond to my question!

I'll tell you what, give me a moment and I'll go test it out on my ATV1.
Cool thanks
Um what happened to the "clean library" option in gotham? I had to alter some paths to my movie library and I wanted to clear out the old sources and start fresh but the option to do so is gone...i seriously hope its just moved somewhere not obvious....anybody?
After altering the paths to my movie library I started up xbmc and it decided to rescan my movies but rather then deleting the old paths they just stayed so now every single movie in the library is showing twice....I went to look for the clean library option and it doesnt exist....yeah we kind of need that option guys...so now I have no way to clear out the library I am just stuck with 2 instances of everything....I have searched everywhere for a clear library option and cant find one.... not too happy bout this since I already did hours and hours of work on gotham only to find that soemthing so simple yet so important was left out.
(2014-05-12, 06:11)ibleedspeed Wrote: Um what happened to the "clean library" option in gotham? I had to alter some paths to my movie library and I wanted to clear out the old sources and start fresh but the option to do so is gone...i seriously hope its just moved somewhere not obvious....anybody?

(2014-05-12, 06:23)ibleedspeed Wrote: After altering the paths to my movie library I started up xbmc and it decided to rescan my movies but rather then deleting the old paths they just stayed so now every single movie in the library is showing twice....I went to look for the clean library option and it doesnt exist....yeah we kind of need that option guys...so now I have no way to clear out the library I am just stuck with 2 instances of everything....I have searched everywhere for a clear library option and cant find one.... not too happy bout this since I already did hours and hours of work on gotham only to find that soemthing so simple yet so important was left out.

One of the reasons for this entire thread is to get people to actually read the Gotham FAQ (wiki), which answers your question: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...ings_go.3F
I have now experienced several times that all fan art is suddenly missing and it is not possible to retrieve this anymore. I believe (not certain) this happens when switching skins. If I check the type of the folders it appears as set to none. However setting this to e.g. 'themoviedb.com" makes no difference. The fan art does not reappear. When I choose "Update library" then I see (something like) "Library compressing" for maybe 2 seconds.

Once this happens there is no way to solve except starting out from scratch.
...and how is that in anyway related to improving the Gotham FAQ?
Are we playing games here?

I was directed to this place by a colleague of yours! See http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1707368

Anyway, I am getting fed up with this game of misdirecting people by riddles. Never had to spent so much time on a forum to get a problem posted.
You were directed to post on the XBMC General Help and Support forum here http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=111 which this thread is indeed part of.

But instead of creating a new thread, as requested, in which you describe the issue you are having, you appear to have simply jumped on the end of top most thread in the forum, this is not something you should ever do, particularly when there is a clear warning in the 1st post that this thread is ONLY for helping to improve the Gotham FAQ on the wiki.

Please start a new thread clearly describing your issue.
(2014-05-12, 12:36)antoniong Wrote: Are we playing games here?

I was directed to this place by a colleague of yours! See http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1707368

Anyway, I am getting fed up with this game of misdirecting people by riddles. Never had to spent so much time on a forum to get a problem posted.

No riddles. No one directed you to this thread (they directed you to the help forum). People have asked you to please start a new thread. You've come across a new issue, and the best way for everyone to keep track of these things is for you to start a new thread for it. Devs typically don't look at the announce thread or the FAQ thread, because those threads specifically ask people to not ask questions there.

The only reason people bother to tell you where to post is so that you can get help. Otherwise they'd just delete your post and not even bother saying anything. I'm sorry you feel people are being cryptic, as that was not the intention at all. I can see how it can come across that way. We are interested in hearing about the issue you are having, and we are interested in finding a solution, but this isn't customer service.
(2014-05-09, 00:44)Ned Scott Wrote: What does everyone think about the Gotham FAQ right now? Anything you think it should have that its missing? Anything you think should be clearer?

Hi. i think your new xbmc is GREAT! One think i noticed is that when it opens up to the home screen, pictures is centered, then i have to scroll to videos. before in xbmc 12.2 the videos was centered. i tried going into system\appearence\ setting to see if i can fix it. i found nothing. i noticed on the homescreen their is no weather window. maybe that is the issue. if there is a way to center videos on startup can you please direct me to the instructions.

Thank you.

P.S. you guys do great work!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC v13 (Gotham) FAQ1