no sound on my pc
Hi
being new to this site xbmc caught my eye as I have this on my desk top .
the problem I have is I have no sound on my pc since I changed TV ?

I previously had an Evesham media centre , ie, e-box and monitor(tv) this has served me well , but decided to get an Smart tv , I got a Sony bravia 905a 55inch , tv is great but couldnt get sound from pc

altho i'm getting video no probs, i have bought an samsung fw-550 soundbar still no sound from pc ?

the set up i have is a kryptview a780 box connected to my tv via scart lead(scart to scart) a virgin media tivo box connected to my tv via hdmi (hdmi to hdmi) my e-box(pc) connected to my tv via dvi to hdmi (dvi on pc to hdmi on tv)

and finally my samsung soundbar via optical cable , soundbar to tv

I have tried using an audio cable from tv (audio out ) to pc and from pc to soundbar but still no sound from pc?
could someone please help me with my problem , I have spent so many hours trying different ways to solve the issue,

thank you for reading , James.
Set Audio output to Analog and speaker configuration to 2.0. This is the most basic configuration and should work with almost any device.
Also make sure the TV is on and connected to the PC before you start XBMC. XBMC will communicate with the TV through the HDMI cable to get the best compatible audio and video capabilities on startup & if not connected it may not output correctly.
Also check the devices listed in "Audio output device". If the TV or analogue output is not listed then you have a separate problem (e.g. bad HDMI cable or problem with your analogue output on your PC).

There is a detailed explanation of Audio settings in the Wiki here.
Hi Mayoman

Thank you very much for your reply and help, I will try that and see if the Audio returns?!

thanks once again for your time and effort ,

Kind regards;

oconnj.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
no sound on my pc0