OS X Error compiling and linking video filter shader
I tried the Gotham beta (and also some nightlies before) on my Mac Mini (CoreDuo version) with SnowLeopard.

Whenever I play a video, I get an error popup (see log below). The video plays nicely anyways. But the popup is rather annoying and I would love to learn how to get rid of it. The popup does not appear with Frodo
I did not find anything related in the forum or on the bug tracker - but I cannot exclude that I overlooked something.

Here's the part of the log related to this problem:
Quote:DEBUG: OutputPicture - change configuration. 852x480. framerate: 25.00. format: YV12
NOTICE: Display resolution DESKTOP : 1920x1080@ 50.00 - Full Screen (16)
DEBUG: CXBMCRenderManager::Configure - 3
NOTICE: Using GL_TEXTURE_2D
DEBUG: GL: Requested render method: 0
NOTICE: GL: ARB shaders support detected
DEBUG: GL: YUV2RGBProgressiveShaderARB: loading yuv2rgb_basic_2d.arb
NOTICE: GL: Selecting Single Pass ARB YUV2RGB shader
NOTICE: GL: No vertex shader, fixed pipeline in use
ERROR: GL: GLSL shaders not supported
ERROR: GL: Error compiling and linking video filter shader
ERROR: GL: Falling back to bilinear due to failure to init scaler
NOTICE: GL: NPOT texture support detected
NOTICE: GL: Using GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object

Thanks,
Bob
full debug log (wiki) to pastebin.com and put a link in here...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Here you go:
http://pastebin.com/RDv26JKX

I played a DVD here. It is the same for all sorts of video files (Internet streams, mp4 files, ...). The error pops up, but the video plays fine anyways.

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

Bob
describe your setup and display
It is a Mac Mini (the first Intel generation) with CoreDuo processor, 1GB RAM, and Intel integrated graphics (Intel GMA 950).
It is connected to a Sony TV using a DVI-to-HDMI cable, outputting full-HD (1920x1080@50Hz).

The Mac is running SnowLeopard (this is the last Mac OS X version supported by this HW) and only used to run XBMC (and sometimes Firefox, if some video streams are only available via browser).

With Frodo, this setup works flawlessly. With Gotham, I get the above error when playing any video. The video plays just fine besides this error.

Do you need to know anything else regarding my setup?
Maybe a debug log (wiki) from frodo to compare with - my hackbook is gma950 too (10.6.8 aswell) and doesn't Show that issue ...

Does your Problem happen on lower Screen Resolution too?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
To confirm, I am also experiencing the same issue from Gotham Official Beta. Every video stream on playback starts with 'Failed to init Video Filters.....'., albiet it all seems OK, happens in windowed or full screen. Been XBMC user on same hardware now for many years since Dharma, first and only issue I've had on the same macBook with video playback.

Intel Core Duo,2.5GB, Chipset Model: GMA 950 OSX: 10.6.8

I guess somebodys changed something!!!
Switch from "Auto" to ARB shaders in Settings->Video
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I don't have the option, and don't recall ever having that option? Running AEON MQ3. Is this something I can force via XML Advanced Settings?
Switch the settings level to "Advanced" and look a bit better.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I had to switch to be Confluence to obtain this 'Advanced' setting and is not readily available in MQ3 or 5 version of AEON.

To confirm I was only successful in removing 'Failed to Init...' by setting Render To: "Software:
Yep, that did the trick here as well. All other options but software produce the error.

Thanks a lot for your great support, outstanding!
I'm also seeing this problem on my Mac Mini. First my hardware and OS specs:

Code:
Hardware Overview:

Model Name:    Mac mini
  Model Identifier:    Macmini2,1
  Processor Name:    Intel Core 2 Duo
  Processor Speed:    1.83 GHz
  Number Of Processors:    1
  Total Number Of Cores:    2
  L2 Cache:    2 MB
  Memory:    1 GB
  Bus Speed:    667 MHz
  Boot ROM Version:    MM21.009A.B00
  SMC Version (system):    1.19f2

Intel GMA 950:

Chipset Model:    GMA 950
  Type:    GPU
  Bus:    Built-In
  VRAM (Total):    64 MB of Shared System Memory
  Vendor:    Intel (0x8086)
  Device ID:    0x27a2
  Revision ID:    0x0003
  Displays:
DELL E228WFP:
  Resolution:    1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz
  Pixel Depth:    32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
  Display Serial Number:    WM49774L03CL
  Main Display:    Yes
  Mirror:    Off
  Online:    Yes
  Rotation:    Supported

OS is Snow Leopard 10.6.8, the screen is connected by VGA and as above is in 1680x1050. Audio out is analog.

The symptoms are every video I play gives the error "Video rendering failed to init video filters/scalers falling back to bilinear scaling", but then proceeds to play. I was seeing this on Memphiz's airplay test build 10 and now on official Beta 2. I'm also seeing a couple of additional possibly related problems though.

On Memphiz's airplay build if I set rendering to software only attempting to play video would always result in a crash back to the OS X desktop and a crash reporter message, on Beta 2 it seems to play without the renderer error message appearing.

I am seeing an additional problem on Beta 2 which I was not seeing on Memphiz's airplay test build - sometimes when first launching XBMC the graphics start glitching in a crazy way. Impossible to describe so I recorded some video and uploaded to youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm8w3IcVb7s

If I command tab to the finder with the XBMC window still animating in the background (in default full screen mode, so it appears to be wall paper) then the glitching stops, when I command tab to bring XBMC back to the foreground I have a 50/50 chance of the glitching returning or not returning.

Edit: here is a second video showing command tabbing and how sometimes when XBMC returns to the foreground the glitching stops but usually it does not:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhSwdctzIuE

To test Beta 2 I moved my (userdata containing) XBMC folder out of the way so this is a completely fresh install of Beta 2 to which I have only added a video source. Here is the debug log taken when launching a video which brings up the video rendering error message:

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=bMtRds0V

Here is a debug log of Frodo 12.2 playing the same video without any rendering error message: (also no graphical glitches)

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=ijk7k5PF

Manually setting shaders to ARB as suggested above doesn't help for me - I still get the same error.

Any other information needed or testing needed please let me know, as although the rendering error is only annoying the video glitching is a bit of a show stopper for me.
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
No suggestions for the glitching display in the youtube clip ?

Some further info on this problem - I can reliably reproduce it if I start with an empty Library/Application Support/XBMC folder - however when I restore my normal XBMC folder which I was using with Airplay test build 10, and prior to that was upgraded in place from my Frodo install, the problem goes away and I see no glitching, in fact I've been using it like that since without any problems. (Aside from the video rendering error message and broken airplay video of course)

The problem is there are untold differences between the two configs - default uses Confluence, my normal config uses Amber, guisettings are of course different, I have some custom xml settings and so on.

So apart from switching skin to Confluence I'm not sure what to try first to try to isolate what in my config is preventing the glitching without lots of painful trial and error. Any suggestions ?
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
diff both guisettings.xml

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error compiling and linking video filter shader0