"Play Using" on XBMC Remote
Hi,

I am very delighted about the new function in Gotham to allow "play using" function from XBMC via IP to any UPnP device on the network, such as my SmartTV.
This is (one of) the most powerful features in my eyes, as it makes XMBC independent from an HTPC directly connected to the TV via video cable. The new feature works well from the XBMC directly.

My ask may come too early, since Gotham just entered to Beta.
Is there a plan - and when - to make the "play using" function available on the XMBC remote as a context menue item from the "Movies" view? Will there be a beta version to try out?

I am using Remote on iOS 7 and on iOS 5 and XBMC on OSX X86

Thanks for comments
No ideas or comments?
I have seen a lot of "views" but no response

thanks
Hi,

I also would like this feature very much. An upnp controller would be very powerfull feature with the play using feature. I would also vote for this enhancement. Since gotham is out now with the functionality, it would be great if the ios app would support it too.
Please add this feature. It would make the remote even more awesome!!
This would definitely be a very powerful (and hopefully simple to implement) addition.

I've just been messing around with options to easily play media from my PC through to my Xbox One and thinking this feature would allow users to run the XBMC Remote to select files from the PC to run via DLNA to the Xbox One using the Play To feature. The user would leave their XBMC running on their PC (minimized if needed) and be able to select the media they desire using the XBMC Remote App on their iPhone or Android device to play using the Xbox One. This could perhaps be accomplished by adding another option to the options provided when either holding down on the title name in the app or when holding the Play button when in the details of a particular title. Call it "Play Using" and upon selection, have the different devices displayed, select the one you want and voila!

The only small nuisance would be bouncing between Xbox Video and Xbox Music when changing between video and audio formats.

Hope to see this one soon! It sure would be awesome!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Play Using" on XBMC Remote0