PVR issue using Mediaportal addon with Boxee-XBMC
Hello all,

I understand that this is not a Boxee-specific forum, but perhaps someone can help me diagnose the source of a PVR problem that arises in the Boxee implementation of XBMC.Then I will be able to turn to the Boxee guys for a fix.

I have successfully installed the Mediaportal TV server on a desktop PC. I can use it without any issue through XBMC on the same PC, using the Mediaportal PVR client addon. Moreover, I can also use the same Mediaportal TV server through my LAN using XBMC on a different PC (my laptop) with the Mediaportal client addon.

The problem I have only arises when I access the Mediaportal TV server using Boxee-XBMC with the Mediaportal addon. In that case, most functions are working allright. For example, I can access any particular TV channel from the "TV channels" page or from the EPG page. Unfortunately, I cannot switch channels without first stopping the active channel and going back to the "TV channels" page. When I try to use the next-channel-up or next-channel-down arrows at the bottom of an active TV screen, there is first a long delay and then the system will only display a frozen frame from the newly-selected channel.

I am attaching the log file from a session where I do little else than reproduce the relevant problem:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=294069

In that session, I first select channel CBOT-DT on the "TV Channels" page: see the following line in the log :

883- 17:41:27 T:2996816784 DEBUG: PVRManager - OpenLiveStream - opening live stream on channel '4.1 CBOT-DT'

Then, shortly after, I use the switch-up arrow at the bottom of the screen to move to the next channel, CIII-HD. See:

1549- 17:41:44 T:2996816784 DEBUG: PVRManager - PerformChannelSwitch - switching to channel '6.1 CIII-HD'

and:

1575- 17:41:45 T:2996816784 NOTICE: PVRManager - PerformChannelSwitch - switched to channel '6.1 CIII-HD'

I am not expert enough to see exactly where things are getting wrong afterwards.

Your help would be immensely appreciated.

Pierre

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR issue using Mediaportal addon with Boxee-XBMC0