XBMC 12 & 13 Interoperability
So I have a bunch of XBMC boxes setup at home, 1 iPad, 1 Android Tablet (well I will now that x86 is out), two XBMCbuntu boxes and a Win32 install. All of them backend onto a mysql database. The Win32 install does all the updates all the others essentially access the database in a read only fashion (Except to mark watched etc).

So my question is, if I put Gotham on my Android Tablet and set it up to use the database will everything still work? Will Gotham be able to read the database created by XBMC 12?

And if I update the PC to Gotham and use it to update the MySQL database, will it break all of the non-13 boxes?

Apologies if I have missed large warning on this somewhere.

Jason
Gotham will cause the MySQL server to make a Gotham copy of the DB. It will work, but Gotham clients will be using one DB while Frodo clients will be using another DB, so they won't be in sync.

If you're not ready to update everything to v13 Gotham then I would suggest using a combo of MySQL and UPnP. Basically, take one of your v12 MySQL XBMC boxes and turn on UPnP sharing, and then you can see the library with all the artwork and summaries via UPnP on v13. Only one v12 box needs UPnP sharing turned on.

I don't think this will correctly share watched status, but it will at least allow you to easily access the already existing library on a v13 machine without having up mess up the rest of the MySQL database. Then, when you're ready, you can upgrade everything to v13 and just use pure MySQL.

See UPnP/Share (wiki) for more details.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...s/Versions
Thank you

I guess I will just wait till the final release to move everything over at once.

Maybe it wont matter if one of them is a bit out of sync for a while, I really want Gotham for the x86 Android build to run on my Samsung tablet.

I suppose worst case I could run two XBMC installs on the PC and update each of them for a little while and just cut everybody over later. Not passing the watched information about is no major hassle.

So is there any utility to recopy the two databases and keep them in sync? That would also be a useful work around, if there isn't I suppose i should try getting my hands dirty.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 12 & 13 Interoperability1