[ANDROID] xbmc exit when start live channel
Hi, I'm experimenting a strange problem with latest beta (and nightly built) for android.
I can start xbmc and configure tvheadend frontend, download the channel list and see correctly the list. But when I press on a channel for start the live streaming xbmc exit and i return to desktop. All works fine on windows with gotham or also on android, but with latest frodo.
I attach the debug log, but i cannot find any error, seem that simply exit on:
19:16:18 T:1844629664 INFO: MediaCodec Video Decoder...
19:16:18 T:1844629664 DEBUG: FactoryCodec - Video: mediacodec - Opening

http://pastebin.com/8d45ikUf

Hope someone can help me to fix this, i wanna use xbmc and stop using my decoder Smile

EDIT: same issue with vu+ plugin. On frodo works fine.
There ought to be an expert option in the settings to disable hardware acceleration for MPEG-2 content. See if that helps.
(2014-03-09, 12:59)negge Wrote: There ought to be an expert option in the settings to disable hardware acceleration for MPEG-2 content. See if that helps.

thanks, i disabled libmedia and now it works fine Smile
Hi, I have the same problem with Odroid U3, I've posted in the overall XBMC hardware section as this seems to be a problem with mpeg-2 overall.
(2014-03-11, 10:48)alimickwhit Wrote: Hi, I have the same problem with Odroid U3, I've posted in the overall XBMC hardware section as this seems to be a problem with mpeg-2 overall.

I think it's more of an Android-specific problem.
(2014-03-09, 12:59)negge Wrote: There ought to be an expert option in the settings to disable hardware acceleration for MPEG-2 content. See if that helps.

This an old thread... But thanks for this hint. Bought an odroid C2 and use LibreELEC as the distribution. Everthing works fine, except the MPEG2 hardware acceleration. I have a sound drop every minute. After deactivating the hardware acceleration everything works as expected, but the CPU load average is for all 4 cores about 50%.

Anyway, for the moment it works.

Greetings Hopel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
(2016-06-22, 00:26)hoppel118 Wrote:

This an old thread... But thanks for this hint. Bought an odroid C2 and use LibreELEC as the distribution. Everthing works fine, except the MPEG2 hardware acceleration. I have a sound drop every minute. After deactivating the hardware acceleration everything works as expected, but the CPU load average is for all 4 cores about 50%.

Greetings Hopel
There is currently a lot of work being done on the C2 and working on improving its hardware decoding. Hopefully some of it may be ready by the time Krypton is ready, but there is no guarantee.

The problem with most ARM devices is that each manufacturer seems to have their own VPU/hardware decode solution, and the documentation is very sparse or non-existent.
(2016-06-22, 01:43)rpcameron Wrote:
(2016-06-22, 00:26)hoppel118 Wrote:

Greetings Hopel
There is currently a lot of work being done on the C2 and working on improving its hardware decoding. Hopefully some of it may be ready by the time Krypton is ready, but there is no guarantee.

The problem with most ARM devices is that each manufacturer seems to have their own VPU/hardware decode solution, and the documentation is very sparse or non-existent.

yeah, @wrxtasy does a good job with libreelec and the odroid c2. At the moment I am really happy with my purchase. Wink

Greetings Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ANDROID] xbmc exit when start live channel0