WIP themoviedb.org Browser
This addon allows you to browse themoviedb.org database of movies, TV Shows, and People.

Movies and People sections are mostly finished.
TV section only has basic functionality.

If you have an account on themoviedb.org you can add/remove movies from your favorites and watchlist, and rate movies.

Would love to have a few people check it out and let me know what you think.

It is available in my git Repo Download and install form Zip.

https://github.com/kzeleny/script.tmdb

watch gallery
-ken Z-
Looks very well, sad that you got no feedback so far Sad
Would be nice to have this in the official repository (after some requirements being solved)!

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
(2014-03-23, 23:46)sphere Wrote: Looks very well, sad that you got now feedback so far Sad
Would be nice to have this in the official repository (after some requirements being solved)!

regards,
sphere

Thanks! I did get a bit of feedback over on the program addons forum. I have been considering releasing this one to the official repo but removing the TV part at least for now, and concentrate on movies, since that is pretty much what I created it for.

Can you give me a heads up as to what requirements need to be solved. I guess I could just submit it and hear about them that way Wink

Thanks again!

Ken
-ken Z-
(2014-03-24, 01:07)kzeleny Wrote: Can you give me a heads up as to what requirements need to be solved. I guess I could just submit it and hear about them that way Wink

Hi,

sure:
- icon.png needs to be exactly 256x256px
- All visible strings need to be translatable (I guess this will take much time to change)
(- Some if your .XMLs contain a mixture of tab and spaces, this is no requirement but recommended to fix)
(- valid XML but I guess the "c" in pos1 at line 86 is not needed in context_menu.xml)

Btw, if you submit it to the repo I you will get your reply from me anyway Wink

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
(2014-03-25, 00:38)sphere Wrote:
(2014-03-24, 01:07)kzeleny Wrote: Can you give me a heads up as to what requirements need to be solved. I guess I could just submit it and hear about them that way Wink

- icon.png needs to be exactly 256x256px
- All visible strings need to be translatable (I guess this will take much time to change)
(- Some if your .XMLs contain a mixture of tab and spaces, this is no requirement but recommended to fix)
(- valid XML but I guess the "c" in pos1 at line 86 is not needed in context_menu.xml)

Ok pretty easy except for the strings, I already had that in the back of my mind but was avoiding it!
Looks like I will be busy editing for a bit....

Thanks!

Ken Z
-ken Z-
Hehe yes.

Btw, I suggest using something like I do for translation:
- create a map of strings: https://github.com/dersphere/2048-XBMC/b...ame.py#L39
- create a small helper function: https://github.com/dersphere/2048-XBMC/b...ame.py#L80
- then you can use it like e.g. here: https://github.com/dersphere/2048-XBMC/b...me.py#L461

This makes the code much easier to read than with plain string IDs...

good luck!
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
That will help with my sanity! Still have to weed through all the xml files too. Tedious but not hard.

Thanks again! You should see a submission in a few weeks
-ken Z-
This addon looks very cool,
maybe you can show movie trailer by using Youtube API
(2014-03-25, 20:01)Jamesk Wrote: This addon looks very cool,
maybe you can show movie trailer by using Youtube API

When you view movie details, there is a button to play trailer if available. Availability is based on the trailer being present in the tmdb database. I am probably not going to try to search for it some other way though.
-ken Z-
just curious if this is still being worked on?
I have been busy as of late and have not had much spare time to put into it. Maybe in the next month or so I can get back to it.
-ken Z-

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
themoviedb.org Browser0