Specific title won't add to collection/set
Problem: Movie stays separate from collection no matter what I do.

Goal: Add a movie to a collection where it belongs

I'm new to the forums but have been tinkering with xbmc for a few days now and find it amazingly intuitive and easy to figure out but I'm having trouble with this one specific thing and it's driving me crazy. I'm using the Frodo edition and I have the option selected to group collections together and all of my dozens of others work fine but my Indiana Jones collection will not group properly. All of the movies group except the first one "Raiders of the Lost Ark." I've tried using the folder name "Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark" and then leaving off the Indiana Jones part as that is not what it's listed as on my scraper (themoviedb.org). It shows it here:

http://www.themoviedb.org/collection/84-...collection

as a complete collection but I can't force mine to add the first movie to the collection. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Easiest method would be to check out the v13 Gotham beta (wiki) and use the built-in sets editor in XBMC.
I just checked my set and it's labelled in the .nfo as "<set>The Indiana Jones Collection</set>"

So each is scraped as

Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984)
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)
Indiana Jones and The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull (2008)

Then the set is inserted into the .nfo as "<set>The Indiana Jones Collection</set>"

I sometimes end up with movies prior to the set being created without the set flag, which then becomes left out, or worse I've manually made a set with out the proper set title. e.g. the set "James Bond" instead of the "Jame Bond Collection" The easiest (at least for me) correction is to export meta-data as separate files in each folder, enter that folder with notepad (better still notepad++) and open the .nfo, search for the <set> line and correct the set title name or if it's missing add it; then in information window refresh the meta-data locally, and your updated set will now be part of the boxed set. Another way (caution here) is to delete the file from the library (but not delete the file permanently) a refresh to the web should pick up the correct set information given that the web database has the moive listed as in the set.

Hope that I explained myself well enough? As a fall back plan, moving the movie to another place outside of XBMC's scanning area... Do a system clean-up, then re-insert the movie as a new movie without meta-data should give the scrapers another chance to put the moive in your set.
Thanks patk , will have a try as I am having god arwful problems with Hannibal lector box set..
Tiny media manager is scraping them right and I have got it to write the NFO..
I just need to go in and inspect it myself to see where things are going wrong..

Its been a long week of tidying up the movies and its frustrating when you get stuck on a few that just don't want to play the game..
Thanks a lot for the responses everyone. I seem to have fixed this on my own, but not sure if this will fix a different issue in the future so I'm going to also look into your method Patk.

You mention to export the meta data, as I am still new at this - how do you do that? I was reading a lot about NFOs but it seemed that NFO data is only used if you don't use the "Use folder title.." option (not sure of exact name, but the one that uses the title of the folder to look for meta data).. Is this correct? If so, do you suggest turning that option off and managing some different way? I tried to make an NFO but I was really just flailing around, not sure what I was doing with it.

Also, the way that I solved the issue was by changing the title of the actual movie file inside the folder from the generic title to the actual "Raiders of the Lost Ark," removed it from the library and updated and it seemed to fix it. Basically just the folder title didn't work, had to change the name of the file also.
Ned's mention of Gotham is really the easiest, I forgot Gotham has new 'set' management tools that make all this discussion moot. But I already wrote a reply and in the spirit of understanding, I posted anyway and got my self misunderstood Smile well maybe not completely.

Here's part 2:

When you export meta-data (it's in settings>video>library>export video library) as separate files, you get all your fanart, posters and .nfo files dumped into the folder of each movie. This is primarily a method of back-up, should you lose your user library a simple re-scan of your source will rebuild your library without going out to the internet, it just uses the meta-data it finds in all the folders. Now it's this last bit, that is important... you now have a .nfo file that came be edited (you can edit for sets, studio or just change the plot message). To bring this back into your library you have to refresh (you get a requester with the message "local information found; ignore and refresh from the internet?" at this point you have the opportunity to introduce your edits into the internal XBMC library). I you have quite a few edits, a refresh of the entire source will give you the same results, it picks up the meta-data from the movie folder. You can manually make with the editor your entire .nfo using the wiki template, but unless it's for personal or video documentaries you can almost be sure meta-data is available in a public data base that can be scraped.

Seperate folders named with (date) same as the movie name is useful for the scrape, you need a name for the look-up and a lot ot time you'll have quite a few movies with the same name, but not likely with the same date, so help out the scrapers a bit by good nomenclature.

A side note here, I neglected to mention the function of the 'clean Library' tool in settings, when you have removed a video (for whatever reason) the XBMC library still has it listed complete with all the meta-data, and until you do a clean library it will remain, which becomes the source of many messages in this forum of why the old poster, or set change is not registering (the old one is still in the library).

A lot of people solve most of their issues with one particular library listing, by removing the offender, do a library clean up, reinsert just the video and re-scrape it. With any luck all of you will update to Gotham and forget this message.
Wow that was extraordinarily helpful. I think I learned more in those few paragraphs than I have in days of searching. Thanks so much!
As a followup to this I am using tinymediaManager as well to help with the cleanup..great way to control any of those hard to find videos and get the NFO right.
(2014-03-09, 03:41)lfernandes Wrote: Also, the way that I solved the issue was by changing the title of the actual movie file inside the folder from the generic title to the actual "Raiders of the Lost Ark," removed it from the library and updated and it seemed to fix it. Basically just the folder title didn't work, had to change the name of the file also.

THIS was perfect. I changed my folder and file name to be like yours (but with year too) and it updated perfectly.
Thanks!!

(2014-03-08, 08:07)Ned Scott Wrote: Easiest method would be to check out the v13 Gotham beta (wiki) and use the built-in sets editor in XBMC.

So, this seems to be 2 things on my list of wants/needs that Gotham does for me.
I'm new, and starting a brand new fresh setup with my 300+ movies. Should I put Gotham on the new PC (which just arrived today and I'm itching to get going)? Can I import all the work I've put in from my test pc to the new PC with Gotham?
Should work just fine. See HOW-TO:Backup the library (wiki)
(2014-03-09, 03:41)lfernandes Wrote: Thanks a lot for the responses everyone. I seem to have fixed this on my own, but not sure if this will fix a different issue in the future so I'm going to also look into your method Patk.

You mention to export the meta data, as I am still new at this - how do you do that? I was reading a lot about NFOs but it seemed that NFO data is only used if you don't use the "Use folder title.." option (not sure of exact name, but the one that uses the title of the folder to look for meta data).. Is this correct? If so, do you suggest turning that option off and managing some different way? I tried to make an NFO but I was really just flailing around, not sure what I was doing with it.

Also, the way that I solved the issue was by changing the title of the actual movie file inside the folder from the generic title to the actual "Raiders of the Lost Ark," removed it from the library and updated and it seemed to fix it. Basically just the folder title didn't work, had to change the name of the file also.
''having same problem what did you rename the the folder and or file to?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Specific title won't add to collection/set0