mysql db and local nfo/poster
Hi

I have my movies in mysql db. The movies of my kids arent in the db. It is possible to use for them a local nfo/poster files, so that I can see them as info in xbmc?
I've tried a nfo file in xml format and a poster jpg for a movie, they are named exactly like the movie but I cant see the info if I go to this directory...

any hints/trick to do that?

Greetz
no one an answer for me?
I have no idea what you are asking. Are you trying to view kids movies without scanning them in?
Agreed, are you trying to import the kids stuff as local files, while using the mysql DB for everything else?
right, I use the db for my movies but I want to have the poster/nfo for kids movies (I dont want them to scan into the db). It is possible somehow? I think about something like a xml file inside the dir with the movie
XBMC Kodi won't scan in the XML file without adding it to the DB (though it will show poster images without scanning), and the only way to have both MySQL and a local SQLite DB is to use profiles (wiki).
oh thats cool! I use different profiles, thats the right way! THX!

it is possible to use different mysql db's with profiles to?
Using the <name> tag you can have different profiles use different MySQL DBs. Each profile basically has it's own advancedsettings.xml file.
(2014-09-04, 18:53)Ned Scott Wrote: Using the <name> tag you can have different profiles use different MySQL DBs. Each profile basically has it's own advancedsettings.xml file.

where the advancedsettings.xml should be placed? in profile dir it doesnt work...
The userdata folder (wiki), as mentioned in the MySQL (wiki) guide.
(2014-09-27, 10:06)Ned Scott Wrote: The userdata folder (wiki), as mentioned in the MySQL (wiki) guide.

yep this is clear but uses each profile own userdata/advancedsettings.xml or do I need to put all 3 db settings for 3 profiles into one advancedsettings.xml?
Ah, sorry. If you go into the Profiles folder in the userdata folder, you will see folders for each profile. These are basically like mini-userdata folders for each profile. Just put the advancedsettings.xml file for the specific profiles in the folder named after the profile.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
mysql db and local nfo/poster0