OS X Aeon MQ5 gui sluggish/lag
Hey guys,

first of all i must say i really love Aeon MQ5.
I used to use Aeon Nox, but MQ5 has even more of the eye candy, so that's is the reason i switched.

I have only one (minor) complain, and i was wondering if there is a solution to this.
I find that the navigation in some cases is a bit laggy, especially if i choose the "multiplex" or "showcase" view (logo/clearart).
When i scroll to the left or right, the animation seems somewhat jerky, like it is going in slowmotion.
The same issue occurs when i enter the movie section, for which i use the "wall" view. The wall itself comes up in "slowmotion" while scrolling goes fluidly.
I have a fresh install of Mountain Lion on my Mac mini (mid 2011, 8 gb ram) on my SSD.
I am using Frodo 12.2.

Any help would be highly appreciated! Smile
Really? Nobody with the same problem?
It must be bad luck for me then Wink
No problems here.

Showcase and Multiplex are the most CPU intensive views, but compared to NOX, MQ5 is very light.

Your RAM is more than sufficient, and an SSD should help too, so I can only assume it's a lack of CPU or GPU power.

It was a complaint we heard a lot with MQ4, but not with MQ5 as it has been completely re-designed.

Sorry that I can't offer a more specific answer.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

(2014-03-16, 13:37)Samu-rai Wrote: No problems here.

Showcase and Multiplex are the most CPU intensive views, but compared to NOX, MQ5 is very light.

Your RAM is more than sufficient, and an SSD should help too, so I can only assume it's a lack of CPU or GPU power.

It was a complaint we heard a lot with MQ4, but not with MQ5 as it has been completely re-designed.

Sorry that I can't offer a more specific answer.

Thnx for replying.
The CPU is a core i5, so that is not the problem.
However, i found out something.
I disabled the Plex Mediaserver ib my Mac for maintenance, and by coincidence if noticed that the lag was gone.
Plex must have taken a lot of cpu or memory i quess, although that does not make a lot of sense.
Anyway, for now the problem is solved!
I have a MacMini and I was using the watchdog plugin for a while and was plagued by high cpu. Once I disabled this add-on lag issues disappeared.
(2014-03-19, 13:38)desepticon Wrote: I have a MacMini and I was using the watchdog plugin for a while and was plagued by high cpu. Once I disabled this add-on lag issues disappeared.

I don't have this issue, but i have read this issue more on the forum.
Too bad because Watchdog is a nice plugin to have.
Also too bad that xvmc doesn't include a auto updater in the source, like Plex does...
You could use the XBMC Library Auto Update addon.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

(2014-03-19, 22:45)Samu-rai Wrote: You could use the XBMC Library Auto Update addon.

Yes i did consider that, but i like the library to update whenever xbmc detect a new file, so an instant update like Plex does.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ5 gui sluggish/lag0