• 8(current)
Release USTV VoD (Video-on-Demand)
(2015-03-11, 10:35)slices Wrote: FX is done but all full episodes won't work without provider login which we don't support.

Sorry, I didn't realize the full episodes were behind a paywall. So annoying.
(2015-03-11, 10:35)slices Wrote: Remember we have a support thread, if you are getting errors post a log. Latest is 1.2.1 make sure you have installed from the repo or you may get dependency errors.

FX is done but all full episodes won't work without provider login which we don't support.

I said MSNBC is not on it's way, not released because it's dependant other stuff I'm working on.

This is what you responded in the other thread about a month ago.

Quote:Something is up with MSNBC, I only can get "Afternoon MoJoe" to work basically. Just spins for a bit, working and then stops and nothing happens.
Worked perfectly before.

Would love if you could fix it, thanks.
Quote:Yep site change, fix on its way.
then nothing happened.

I have the 1.2.1 update and MSNBC.com works for me thru browser website.

i love the addon and would be very grateful if it could get fixed some time. no hurry though. thanks
I didn't say in the next release. Idealy fixes are iterative but that isn't always possible. If I'd committed as it was in my environment a month ago half the sites would have broken. Anyway its done now. Fix in github.
Hi All, I just joined and hoped my signing up process would take me back to the page I was on where it suggested FAQ's solutions for my issue about the USTV VoD problem I am having but it did not. I find this format of site absolutely useless for trying to navigate but I know its my own incompetencies so please be patient. I just installed the USTV VoD add on in my Android TV media box for Kodi and can not get it to work. I have managed to use tutorials on Youtube and have been successful at getting all other items to run smoothly I have installed. I did see a note about my issue possibly be due to the fact I live across the border to the North in Ontario Canada just west of Toronto. I also saw that it mentioned 'settings' and 'network for the add on' in this FAQ but forgive me I can not find where the dam thread post is now. At any rate I would still need help regardless because I am great when watching a tutorial video but horrible when trying to follow these threads advice. I just don't know or understand the jargon on the DPS/Proxy? etc etc as I am not a tech whiz/geek...I really wish I were, just too old I guess, sorry.

I would be more than thrilled to donate to this developer if I can get some help as I think this product is wonderful and commend all involved. Its about time we took back control from the gougers like Bell and Rogers Cable companies north of the border. So if someone could point me to a video for out of country members trying to make this work I would be very grateful. Its all installed properly as far as I can see and all shows ad episodes with pictrues and everything were successfully grabbed and listed by network but then I get the 'opening stream' badge followed by 'One or more items failed to play etc' and now I am stuck and here asking for your help. Kind regards, AngelsDad
Which networks have you tried? For most networks you will need something to give you a US ip address.

There are four options.

1)Sign up to use a VPN and set your android box to use that
2)Sign up for a dns proxy, and put the ip address in the connection settings of the addon.
3)Find a decent proxy server and put that in the addon.
4)Use tor, although this won't give 100% coverage and isn't straightforward to set up.

Personally I've gone with the second option, I'm using www.unotelly.com, hardly any free options left unfortunately.
TYVM for the reply. As I said I am not great with the terminology so will ask you if you wouldn't mind helping me thru the steps of getting the option you recommend accomplished. How do I sign up for a DNS Proxy? Once I have that done I will explore how to add that IP address into settings but may consult you once again on how exactly that is done? I appreciate your help.
(2015-03-15, 10:21)AngelsDad Wrote: TYVM for the reply. As I said I am not great with the terminology so will ask you if you wouldn't mind helping me thru the steps of getting the option you recommend accomplished. How do I sign up for a DNS Proxy? Once I have that done I will explore how to add that IP address into settings but may consult you once again on how exactly that is done? I appreciate your help.

BTW...I am unsure what DNS Proxy even stands for or means..LOL. Just so you know what and who you are dealing with here. I could guess what the abbreviation might mean but guessing it would be rather embarrassing. Thanks again.
Okay...Wiki helped me out but I still have very little idea of how a Domain Name System works.And certainly no clue how to follow through on your suggestion of option number 2 in your posts so I am going to throw myself on the mercy of the court and cross my fingers I get a patient assistant coach...lol.
Doesn't really matter, but DNS is domain name server. The proxy is just a clever way of getting a US IP address for selected sites.

Ok sign up at unotelly.com, the premium plan should do for now. Once you are signed up you can get the dns server addresses from https://www2.unotelly.com/global-servers
Okay...I am signed up...and gotta tell you it feels a bit iberating because it actually worked..LOL. I am watching USTV VoD now on their Histroy channel. However i said it was only an 8 day trial? Does this mean I will need to buy a service for using that one USTV channel? Thanks Slices. AD
I used that link and the IP addresses I see there are the ones I was given by Unotelly so does that mean they are always set to those numbers for my region? And that my trial will not run out?
As I said in a previous post the days of free services like this are pretty much gone, you could probably find a free proxy server but they don't tend to last long. The IP addresses will stay the same but you will be blocked from using them. Value for money wise it obviously works out better if you use their services for more than one channel.
So you suggest these guys I am now using then? If so any idea roughly what service I should get to get the job done. All I am using it for atm is USTV VoD but I would sure like to know what other channels and services it would work for if I did take out a sub? Any advice is appreciated and all you have hekped with thus far. Thanks. AD
Unotelly is what I use, there are others available. As for channels, https://www2.unotelly.com/channels
Hi, I have some strange problem, USTV VOD not opening at all, blinks and doesn't open, tried to reinstall, refreshed repo, updated, reinstalled again, the result is the same - can anyone suggest how to deal with that?
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
USTV VoD (Video-on-Demand)3