"SmallStepBack" missing from Gotham?
Hi. up until i just updated to gotham i could use backspace or the "back" button on my old xbox remote to skip back 7 secs. now these keys simply toggle fullscreen which seems redundant since tab does that. i tried editing the lircmap file so 0 read <smallstepback>0</smallstepback> but still nothing. what am i doing wrong?

tried this but nothing

<remote device="XboxDVDDongle">
<play>PLAY</play>
<pause>PAUSE</pause>
<stop>STOP</stop>
<forward>FORWARD</forward>
<reverse>REVERSE</reverse>
<left>LEFT</left>
<right>RIGHT</right>
<up>UP</up>
<down>DOWN</down>
<select>SELECT</select>
<back>BACK</back>
<menu>MENU</menu>
<title>TITLE</title>
<info>INFO</info>
<skipplus>SKIP+</skipplus>
<skipminus>SKIP-</skipminus>
<display>DISPLAY</display>
<one>1</one>
<two>2</two>
<three>3</three>
<four>4</four>
<five>5</five>
<six>6</six>
<seven>7</seven>
<eight>8</eight>
<nine>9</nine>
<SmallStepBack>0</SmallStepBack>
</remote>
nevermind. figured it out. its remote.xml. i wonder if this is a bug though. all i had to do was assign back to do quick step back as before only in full screen video. without this. there is NO POSSIBLE WAY FOR ANY REMOTE to have the quickstepback feature as its not assigned at all. i'm thinking this was an oversight?
No, it's not a bug, it's intentional. The BACK action is preferred, as on some remotes this is the only way to exit fullscreen other than stop.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

ok. well to keep my changes through xbmc updates. do i just need to place the remote.xml in my userdata folder with ONLY the option i want to override or do i have to have the complete xml
As I am missing this as well.. How does your local remote.xml look like? The one you keep in userdata?
awe man this sux. i friggin loved having that button to go back 7 seconds. I have a star key on my remote that already goes back to fullscreen or menu. how do i change this backHuh? helppp

update:

I installed the addon "Keymap Editor" and then changed the settings for the button in the Fullscreen Video section. Works just like it used to!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"SmallStepBack" missing from Gotham?0