Addons not working - script.module.dateutil errors
Hi, just joined to get some help after spending a very long time trying to fix this issue but without any luck.

New android w95 box, kodi 17.3 installed.

Kodi system Add-on repository 2.5.10 doesn't work says "could not connect to repository"

I can download add ons such as youtube, cnn, usa catch up, etc and can update addons but no addons work at all. Every time a box at the top right appears and when I check the log it says for addons tried "The dependency on script.module.dateutil version 0.0.0 could not be satisfied" or "failed to install a dependency".

I've got git browser installed and can download repositories but again when I try to run any of them an error box shows at top right. As a media player it works very well, the add-on side is an absolute non-starter.

At a guess I think something is missing that cannot be downloaded or something needs re-directed.  Any information would be appreciated to solve this.

Thanks

daavv
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks Darren HIll for the quick reply and info.

Here's my log file :   https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/KNtc9fRxCK/

I was able to install filmon and it played. Nothing else does. Couldn't install sky news to test wouldn't let me. Says "The dependency on script.module.six version 0.0.0 could not be satisfied" this is in the log.

No "The dependency on script.module.dateutil version 0.0.0 could not be satisfied"  that I got many times yesterday

Can't connect to kodi 2.5.10 repository (that was the first thing I tried so should show in log)

As mentioned before, this is a new android box, only used kodi as a media player via pen sticks and when tried to use addons absolutely nothing worked until filmon showed a working picture today.

Thanks in advance for the help

daavv
You're using Beelink's fork of kodi, not our version. You also have banned addon (wiki) repos installed. Both preclude support here I'm afraid.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks for the reply. This is new to me and don't know what addons are banned or not.  Also no idea of what version of kodi of qodi is the same or what not. Is there a quick way to uninstall addons or is it one by one?

Can you name one recommended add-on I could try?

Is there any point in uploading another log?
Qodi is the whole seperately forked version of kodi, but as Beelink have made changes to it beyond our control we can't help much in its support. All we could suggest is to remove it completely and start again with a fresh install from either the play store of available or via sideloading. Alternatively seek assistance from Beelink via their forums etc.

As to the banned addons (wiki), the link contains a non exhaustive list of them, but if it's an add-on that provides access to shows, channels or movies for free that you would normally need to pay for, or otherwise shouldn't be available to Kodi (eg movies still in theatres) then it can be considered to violate our piracy policy (wiki) and be banned. Also any repo that contains such addons are also banned, regardless of wherever else they may contain.

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks for the info. I found it strange the spelling difference but couldn't find out why, so you cleared that up.

Because the repository says no connect I followed a youtube video to see if it would do anything but without success apart from earlier filmon worked (which I believe is a free android app anyway)

On the whole, I'll get shot of all the nonsense, (been a case of random clicks and hoping for the best as it's pretty cryptic) on android probably deleting the cache and clearing data for the app would do to get it back to default. And when I've got the chance install the proper version from playstore and test it out.

Thanks again

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Addons not working - script.module.dateutil errors0