• 21(current)
[SUPPORT] USTV VoD (Video-on-Demand)
(2014-08-06, 23:56)richardk Wrote:
(2014-08-06, 23:29)slices Wrote: Or alternatively turn off sub titles, that's how this got missed. I hadn't watched an episode all the way through after fixing subtitles. There is a conflict in the threading so rather than load the next subtitle it stops playback.

dv505's code change seems to have fixed the problem for me.

I wasn't using subtitles, so that may be a different problem causing similar symptoms.

Well, I may have spoken too soon. Although things are much better, and now it doesn't happen every time, I still experienced payback stopping at the end of a segment of The Daily Show.

Subtitles are disabled, by the way.
(2014-08-07, 04:44)richardk Wrote:
(2014-08-06, 23:56)richardk Wrote:
(2014-08-06, 23:29)slices Wrote: Or alternatively turn off sub titles, that's how this got missed. I hadn't watched an episode all the way through after fixing subtitles. There is a conflict in the threading so rather than load the next subtitle it stops playback.

dv505's code change seems to have fixed the problem for me.

I wasn't using subtitles, so that may be a different problem causing similar symptoms.

Well, I may have spoken too soon. Although things are much better, and now it doesn't happen every time, I still experienced payback stopping at the end of a segment of The Daily Show.

Subtitles are disabled, by the way.
You can always higher the sleep count. It is measured in milliseconds. For you to understand, in the code the is a check to see if XBMC is playing. If so it sleeps for 1000ms (1s) and resumes the check. If it is no longer player, the internal proxy server is stopped. I guess that the loading between two segments is not seen as playing. Thus, if the next segment does not start within 1 second, it stops. Increasing it might solve that problem.

Edit: slices pushed a different fix to GitHub. You might also want to try that. Haven't had the chance to test it myself
(2014-08-06, 14:15)slices Wrote: I think the issue is that they check the region on the stream it self.

Is there anyway to fix this?
My fix is only for the issue with subtitles. Yes there is a gap between segments where it is not playing, that's how the subtutld code works.

I guess there is a issue with bandwidth or processing power which is why not everyone gets this. Need to think abiut this somemore since we know how many segment s we have.

On the turner proxy issue, it will work if I can get a http stream, this is available for phones etc but need to figure out authentication.
Hi guys, I just tried out the Daily Show with a proxy (just some freebie internet one, as I am in France) but I got the plugin failed error pretty early. Here is my log - http://sprunge.us/LjBc

Anyone happen to have a good suggestion for a US proxy, in case this one I found just isn't working?

Also, thanks for all the work you guys do on this. Whenever the Daily Show and Colbert are down, I really feel it. And damn them for making it hard on you, and for recently stopping full episodes in France because CNN or whoever renewed their stupid 30 minute per week recap. Someone needs a punch in the face for that.
Just tried to install the latest zip file downloaded from Git, and I get "addon does not have the correct structure"
I am running USTV VoD ver 1.0.5 on OpenELEC 4.0.7 (Gotham 13.1). Like others, I am receiving errors with shows in the nickelodeon and marvel channels. Attached are system logs containing the errors.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=263306
(2014-08-08, 02:11)richardk Wrote: Just tried to install the latest zip file downloaded from Git, and I get "addon does not have the correct structure"

The next update has fixed this. Thanks!

However, the problem with stopping between segments is still present.
(2014-08-06, 22:41)dv505 Wrote:
(2014-08-06, 07:27)noonereallycare Wrote:
(2014-08-06, 05:43)richardk Wrote: Just tried to watch the latest (August 4) episode of The Daily Show. The video stopped after each segment, and the addon returned to the menu. I could resume it, but on the next to last segment, playing started a minute or so past the beginning of the segment. At the end of this next-to-last segment, I was again bumped to the menu, but was unable to resume. Each time I tried, I was just bumped to the menu, without any video playing.

Anyone else having these problems?

I had the same issue with both The Daily Show and The Colbert Report.

Sorry, this error slipped through. Too bad we just did a release. It is caused by the fact that the internal proxy server is stopped too soon. But there is a quick fix. Open the file resources/lib/_main_viacom.py and change on line 120 "xbmc.sleep(10)" to "xbmc.sleep(1000)". There are still some error I want to fix first before checking in the code, but at least it should allow you to watch the full episodes of The Daily Show and Colbert Report.

Can confirm that this fixed my problem. To be on the safe side, I set it the sleep to 5 seconds, e.g. xbmc.sleep(5000)

/D
(2014-08-08, 07:23)dodoadoodoo Wrote: Can confirm that this fixed my problem. To be on the safe side, I set it the sleep to 5 seconds, e.g. xbmc.sleep(5000)

/D
I checked in some code yesterday into GitHub. It now waits up to 20 seconds for the next segment to appear.
(2014-08-08, 09:33)dv505 Wrote:
(2014-08-08, 07:23)dodoadoodoo Wrote: Can confirm that this fixed my problem. To be on the safe side, I set it the sleep to 5 seconds, e.g. xbmc.sleep(5000)

/D
I checked in some code yesterday into GitHub. It now waits up to 20 seconds for the next segment to appear.

I finally got a chance to watch an entire Daily Show episode, and the addon is working perfectly now.

Many thanks to the developers for all the work on this!
(2014-08-11, 10:13)richardk Wrote:
(2014-08-08, 09:33)dv505 Wrote:

/D

I finally got a chance to watch an entire Daily Show episode, and the addon is working perfectly now.

Many thanks to the developers for all the work on this!

I tried to watch an episode of The Colbert Report yesterday, still had problems.

During the first segment, playback stopped, and the "Working" icon came up in the lower right corner of the screen. After 30 seconds or so, the player jumped to the next segment, skipping the remainder of the first segment. The same thing happened during the next-to-last segment, but I was bumped out to the menu.

Anyone else seeing this?
(2014-08-12, 14:10)richardk Wrote: I tried to watch an episode of The Colbert Report yesterday, still had problems.

During the first segment, playback stopped, and the "Working" icon came up in the lower right corner of the screen. After 30 seconds or so, the player jumped to the next segment, skipping the remainder of the first segment. The same thing happened during the next-to-last segment, but I was bumped out to the menu.

Anyone else seeing this?

Yes I am getting the same on the Daily Show and Colbert. I connect via a US VPN using my Ouya (Android). I have not yet looked through a log file though.
Greetings. I am in the US and running USTV VoD ver 1.0.6 on OpenELEC 4.0.7 (Gotham 13.1). I am receiving errors with shows in the following channels:

marvel kids
nickelodeon
nick toons

Attached are system logs containing the errors.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=267753

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=267757
Greetings. I am in the US and running USTV VoD ver 1.0.6 on Gotham 13.1 and Android 4.4.2 I am receiving errors with shows in the following channels:

marvel kids
nickelodeon
nick toons

Attached are system logs containing the errors.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=267995

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=267996
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SUPPORT] USTV VoD (Video-on-Demand)10