• 26(current)
[SUPPORT] USTV VoD (Video-on-Demand)
Just found this addon. Many thanks to all the hard work you developers have put in on it - love watching US TV. Will you be adding Lifetime? I notice it's in red on the release thread but I don't know what the different colours denote.

Thanks
Was there a long time ago, but taken out because it stopped working. Mostly likely its a matter of having time to put it back.
@locomot1f

Thanks for the info.. I tried the 0901 version and that gave the same problem though the one I had from 0827 is working just fine now with USTV VOD

appreciate it.
@slices

No problem, keep up the good work.
I want to thank you for putting this up, as this is something I have been trying to setup myself for the longest time. Not thinking to search for something like this, I happened to stumble upon this just a few days ago.

After getting everything setup (which was quite easy) and running. I knew I would run into some hiccups. Trying to fix these hiccups I have hit a wall in not being able to find something in this thread to help with the issues (as of yet).

The biggest issue I have, and I am not sure what could be causing this is....

Every so often the video stops playing (doesn't matter the show/channel) sometimes it will
a) stop for about 10 seconds, then continue playing from where it stopped (minus about 5-10 seconds it will play fast (like it is catching up to the stream))
or
b) say that it is opening the stream again and start from the beginning.

B leads into the following issues, so not wanting to start from the beginning again, I find it terribly difficult and "lucky" (read sporadic) to get back to where I was watching, (even if resume shows up or not in XBMC)

As I am typing this the show stopped again, at a DIFFERENT point (so i know its not the same point it stops at) and just started over after about 5 seconds.

How can I fix the stream from randomly stopping during play and starting over, and 2) how can I make it so I can get back to where it was playing if it does stop?
Try reducung the maxium bandwidth in the settings or you may be choose Select Quality from the context menu.

As for going back to play position, this seems to work better with http streams than rtmp so will depend some what on the channel.
thank you i will try to lower it, i think i just raised it thinking that would help, but havent tried it out yet, will try it both ways

Tried it high and lower than normal settings, still happens randomly. I am assuming this is something in my internet connection or network setup rather than the XBMC setup or settings?
Have you seen any difference between using a web browser to that channels website and stream that way to see if you still have the connection problems? I know occasionally I will have the same issues myself with like the Daily Show via comedy central, but usually if it messes up, if i resume it will load up the next segment after the one I was on(as it bypasses the commericals and only playing the actual segments)
(2014-09-11, 01:08)gabaod Wrote: Have you seen any difference between using a web browser to that channels website and stream that way to see if you still have the connection problems? I know occasionally I will have the same issues myself with like the Daily Show via comedy central, but usually if it messes up, if i resume it will load up the next segment after the one I was on(as it bypasses the commericals and only playing the actual segments)
Haven't tried from a computer yet.

But it's pretty random. For instance watching 20/20 segment, after 5 mins or so, itll hang for about 5-10 seconds and resume like a stutter. Then a minute or two later, itll "pause" say "opening stream" and then restart where it paused, then 2-5 mins later will stop again, "opening stream" again and then restart from the very beginning. Maybe 1 out of 1000000 times I can get it to go BACK to the marker where it ended, so I type 20:00 and ok and id say 1 out of 20 episodes itll go back to the marker. I even started to watch the show again from the beginning and itll stop randomly at a different point and do the same thing.

Is there an app that would monitor and 'log" my internet connection so I can see if it is dropping or something. Maybe something like they have on routers (at least DDT) where I can see a graph of it downloading to monitor any breaks in the download.?

EDIT: Quick update, lots of ads on the computer, but buffer/searching/and playing all work PERFECTLY fine on the computer. Might be a bottle neck with the network then?
@nyghthawk

On what device ist XBMC running? Which OS? weak WLAN/LAN (maybe some other routers are crossing your frequency channel)? To monitor network on OS Windows take a look here.
// GitHub // Repository

// USTV VoD (Video-on-Demand) / World News Live / MRT Play
i'm still getting kicked out of shows on CC when it hits the place of commercial breaks.
The Colbert Report
The Daily Show

It is better, now it gets all the way to that LAST segment. I love the 'Moment of Zin', but it never plays
I would like to request a little more sleep time in the _main_viacom.py file.
Code:
line 124:                 xbmc.sleep(1000)

1000 works the best.
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
(2014-09-11, 08:14)moneymaker Wrote: @nyghthawk

On what device ist XBMC running? Which OS? weak WLAN/LAN (maybe some other routers are crossing your frequency channel)? To monitor network on OS Windows take a look here.

Running on Raspberry Pi with latest Raspxbmc. Hardwired into a switch (tested with just net line and Pi). Net line runs from switch to another "switch" which is a dd-wrt router hosted/setup as switch as well (no DNS control as that is coming from the modem/router). Internet from the dd-wrt is sustained and runs perfectly. I have no devices that are hooked up to the switch with the PI that can test or sustain internet connectivity to monitor. It is a TV with netflix (which pauses sometimes every now and then but not that often) and game consoles (haven't noticed high pings or anything). I tried to reset the switch last night by keeping it unplugged for a bit, but in honesty its a switch, there are no settings, its on or its off, lol. So that is why I tested the switch with nothing else plugged into it thinking it was erroring due to "other internet items" connected into it messing around but nothing.

If you are wondering about IPs those are setup by the dd-wrt, and there are no conflicting IPs on the local network. It is seen as a normal network with no conflicting IPs at all.

It is not wireless setup so there should be no channel interference.

If weak LAN, where could the bottleneck/issue be, is it possible to run a test (local lan) from my Windows Box to the IP of the Raspberry with sustained transfers/pings 10000000 times to see how many drops I get? because like I said its every 5-10 mins, randomly, nothing all the time.

Also I keep getting a _proxy.py error, I am from the US and my connection is DIRECT with no VPN/Proxy Setup, could this be a part of my issue? if so, how to delete/stop?
Proxy.py is a local proxy you may get errors when playback drops out.

Have you posted a log may help.
was actually trying to find out where the log is at on the raspberry pi.

/home/pi/ or somewhere else?

I just tested something within my network (as i think that is where the problem has been) and turned that IP to the DMZ (exposed) and it played through the same file perfectly with no stuttering. Will try a few more episodes times to see if this is the case still.

So I think the issue is with the router settings of some sort, just wish there was a way I could allow this to happen and allow other IPs to the DMZ as well.
if you running under user pi the logfile should be located at:

/home/pi/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log

Don't forget the "." before xbmc!

BR zero
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SUPPORT] USTV VoD (Video-on-Demand)10