• 27(current)
[SUPPORT] USTV VoD (Video-on-Demand)
(2014-09-12, 15:25)-zero- Wrote: if you running under user pi the logfile should be located at:

/home/pi/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log

Don't forget the "." before xbmc!

BR zero

thank you the log folder was a shortcut to

/var/tmp/persistent-logs/

if that helps anyone else....

hereDownload Logis the log file
Code:
http://speedy.sh/8ujvs/xbmc.log
......(do i need to trim it, its big?)

Here are some errors that I am pulling out of the log file (snippets) if this helps

Code:
21:40:38 T:2724197440   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'socket.error'>
                                            Error Contents: (98, 'Address already in use')
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.ustvvod/resources/lib/_proxy.py", line 147, in <module>
                                                runserver()
                                              File "/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.ustvvod/resources/lib/_proxy.py", line 143, in runserver
                                                httpd = server_class(server_address, handler_class)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 419, in __init__
                                                self.server_bind()
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/BaseHTTPServer.py", line 108, in server_bind
                                                SocketServer.TCPServer.server_bind(self)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 430, in server_bind
                                                self.socket.bind(self.server_address)
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 224, in meth
                                                return getattr(self._sock,name)(*args)
                                            error: (98, 'Address already in use')
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

More relating to sleep/delay

Code:
1:41:28 T:2724197440 WARNING: COMXPlayer::CheckPlayerInit(2) - Ignoring too large delay of 314236866.666667
21:41:34 T:2877289536  NOTICE: _connection :: getURL :: url = http://localhost:12345/stop
21:41:34 T:2833249344  NOTICE: XBMCLocalProxy: Serving GET request...
21:41:34 T:2833249344   ERROR: 127.0.0.1 - - [10/Sep/2014 21:41:34] "GET /stop HTTP/1.1" 200 -
21:41:34 T:2833249344  NOTICE: Server stopped
21:41:39 T:2724197440  NOTICE: FlushBuffers: q:0 pts:0 a:0
21:41:39 T:2724197440  NOTICE: OMXClock using video as reference
21:41:39 T:2724197440 WARNING: COMXPlayer::CheckPlayerInit(2) - Ignoring too large delay of 15405011.111111
@locomot1f - I tried out that 1000 xbmc.sleep and didnt seem to make any difference for me on the daily show. Watched it earlier today and first the video froze during the opening title screen and it left the audio running, i can still open up the start menu on lubunutu had to kill off xbmc.bin and than restart it, this time it played it up to the sequence before the interview started, and resume a few seconds into the interview (so maybe it skipped about 20 sec of video)

I do know my xbmc is not compatible as im on kodi 08/27 version. But figure Id give input on your method.
If your having daily show problems which don't involved playback stopping between segments the sleep change is unlikley to help. I'm still trying to figure out why the time jumps back 3 minutes when the decond segment starts.
I've been looking at the source files teaching myself how the video streaming works in XBMC (I'm a .NET developer, but a newbie to python). Most everything is straight forward, but I have a question about the _proxy.py. _main_abcdisney.py and nbc.py use it to stream shows. Why is the proxy needed? I know this is a broad question, but I'm just looking for a high-level answer.

On a side note, does anyone know if it is possible to download the video instead of streaming it using either RTMPDump or FFMpeg since the proxy is needed?

Thanks in advance!
The problem is the ffmpeg normally built with xbmc doesn't support ssl. The key urls in the m3u8 streams are https so the proxy provides a http interface to the key file. For nbc it's also used to pass the cookie to the ts segments.

If you have an external ffmpeg integrated you can extract the url and download for the stream for abc, should work for nbc as long as you pass the cookie.
(2014-09-13, 18:47)slices Wrote: The problem is the ffmpeg normally built with xbmc doesn't support ssl. The key urls in the m3u8 streams are https so the proxy provides a http interface to the key file. For nbc it's also used to pass the cookie to the ts segments.

If you have an external ffmpeg integrated you can extract the url and download for the stream for abc, should work for nbc as long as you pass the cookie.

Thanks for the explanation, just want I was looking for.
If anyone is finding that the daily show is jumping ahead to the next act try changing the max bitrate so you get a different stream, or use the fix in github which allows quality selection. Also the issue with the timestamp going back 3 minutes seems to be fixed with Gotham 13.2
Just tried the latest github version with the Daily Show, and selected bitrate of 2500. (I have a 5Mbit/sec. DSL connection, so this should be safe.) The first and second segments played perfectly, but I was bumped out to the episode menu at the end of the second segment. When I resumed it, it started a little beyond the beginning of the segment.
(2014-09-14, 22:08)richardk Wrote: Just tried the latest github version with the Daily Show, and selected bitrate of 2500. (I have a 5Mbit/sec. DSL connection, so this should be safe.) The first and second segments played perfectly, but I was bumped out to the episode menu at the end of the second segment. When I resumed it, it started a little beyond the beginning of the segment.

It's odd that the transition from the first to the second segment always seems to work normally, while subsequent transitions don't. Could this be a clue to fixing the problem?
(2014-09-15, 20:06)richardk Wrote: It's odd that the transition from the first to the second segment always seems to work normally, while subsequent transitions don't. Could this be a clue to fixing the problem?

+1 to this.
would log files still helpHuh
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
Possibly, explicitly stating your max bandwidth setting and what episode might as well.
(2014-09-16, 15:40)slices Wrote: Possibly, explicitly stating your max bandwidth setting and what episode might as well.

Here's a logfile:

pastebin.com/sQGYpBm4

Bandwidth = 2500

The Daily Show, September 9. 2014.

Hope this helps! Let me know if I can supply any further information.
not sure what changed, but The Daily Show & The Colbert Report both finished all the way through today.
There was still a break after the second segment, but they went through all the way to the credits! Smile
(2014-09-17, 17:56)locomot1f Wrote: not sure what changed, but The Daily Show & The Colbert Report both finished all the way through today.
There was still a break after the second segment, but they went through all the way to the credits! Smile

Not so for me. The September 17 episode of The Daily Show exited to the menu after the second segment (at 12:12). I resumed it and watched the third segment, but it also exited after that segment (at 21:28). After that, it would not resume to play the final short segment. It was as if this was the end of the program.

So I believe there is still a problem, unfortunately.
The Colbert show finished for me again all the way through.

i have not watched The Daily Show, atm.
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SUPPORT] USTV VoD (Video-on-Demand)10