Willing to pay PVR server/backend any OS
Do you know anyone that is willing to setup via join.me or similar a pvr backend for my xbmc players?
Willing to pay.
I have made several attempts with no success. Confused
Also have Synology NAS that could be used or many unused desktops with no OS
PM if interested. If have good networking and pc skills.
As you say any OS then it really doesn't get any easier then setting up Windows Media Center and using server/pvr.wmc
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Use a windows media center as a server on a different pc?
Or the same PC.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I am using zotac zbox plural around the house as players
I haven't heard of the plural, can you give us a pointer?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I have three different zotacs in the house running openelec XBMC.
Bedroom, family room, game room.
NO CABLE BOXES ANYWHERE IS THE GOAL. Sorry caps lock
There is a very good thread and a wiki page on setting up WMC.
According to the wiki tvheadend is running on the synology, you could do some reading up here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Tvheadend_PVR
All of this advice is great. Thank you.
As the title states i would gladly pay someone to set this up for me.
I just dont have the time to trial and error any further attempts to get this working.
This might be simple for someone who has done this previously but in my attempts it has not worked properly.
Ceton cable card tuner or similar is what I would like incorporated. I have in the past had success in getting local over the air to work properly.
Cable card devices, no success.
Let's go over the system set up:

[1] What are you using to control the Zotac's, for example is it a keyboard or an HTPC remote or an app on your phone?

[2] What tv tuner do you have or which one do you want to buy? Are you set on using that Ceton card or would you be ok with an HDHomerun network device?

[3] What cable TV service are you using?

[4] Do you already have the cable-card?

[5] What type of connection is being used between the Zotac's and the back-end computer: wifi or ethernet?

Also,
[6] Identify the Zotac model numbers.

You can PM me the details.

Maybe we can get this working for free, if we do, donate what you would pay for this application roll-out to the XBMC project.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Willing to pay PVR server/backend any OS0