Any way to force EPG Timeline to open?
Hi,

Does anyone know of a way to force the EPG Timeline to open regardless of whether it was changed to now/next?
I tried
Code:
ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 31,0, 10,0)

But that will open the now or next view of the epg if that was selected previously even though those ids are 16 and 17.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Hi Jurialmunkey,

I use a bit of smoke and mirrors to do this in Maximinimalism.

The trick I use is not to specify view conditions for control id's 16/17 at all, and to include the next item manually in control id 11 (listitem.nextitle). That way, firing ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 31,0, 10,0) always defaults to EPG view.
Bitcoin donations: 1Hvo9rWzhAVbuPrshgaGZaD7qcLFTCPuiv
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
@thedeadman - that doesn't work for gotham. It just falls back to using the layout of id11 for 15 and 16. I tried every trick I could think of. The only way it seems is to have hidden buttons for 15 and 16 that send onfocus clicks to the epg button to cycle it, but that's a pretty rough way of doing it
Not really an answer to your question, but just wondering why force it in the skin if the user can set the default EPG window in TV Settings -> EPG -> Default EPG Window ?
@JurialMunkey: F^&k. You're right. That's depressing, I thought i'd finally got that licked.

@Jeroen: True, but then expecting users to change something from the default is expecting too much in my book.

*hrumpf*
Bitcoin donations: 1Hvo9rWzhAVbuPrshgaGZaD7qcLFTCPuiv
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
(2014-03-14, 18:21)thedeadman Wrote: @Jeroen: True, but then expecting users to change something from the default is expecting too much in my book.

But then, why enforce it? To each his own, but I think that's bad practice really. If the user wants a different default view, let him set it.

As a user I would be annoyed if a skin would enforce something, even though I may have set it to something else in the settings.
@Jereon - It's because my EPG Timeline in Eminence is different from all the other views so I wanted to separate it from the rest. Also, the epg scroll back in Gotham breaks navigational consistency. Having omni-directional panels that require the user to press back to open a menu is also bad practice in my books because it breaks the expected behaviour of the back key - I find it disorientating so that must be compounded ten times over for ordinary users.

Basically I wanted to negate this by being able to press left from TV Channels view to slide over directly to the epg and pressing back would take you back to tv channels. The other views would be in the navigation menu on the right - I didn't want to force the user to *only* use epg timeline - I just wanted a way to ensure that the timeline was opened when going to the left.

Basically I think each window should be entirely separately available to skinners. If we want to cycle the epg views with a button we can just set a window property and use visibility conditions based upon that.
Some of the behaviour and UI in the PVR is inconsistent yes, I agree with you on that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any way to force EPG Timeline to open?0