New StupidVideos version 2
hi guys,

i realized that the ol stupidvideos script broke ever since stupidvideos.com updated and i couldnt find a similar script anywhere so i decided to write my own. at first i tried modifying the existing one but i realized that there are now a whole bunch of categories and the format is completely different. so i started from scratch using random bits and pieces of python scripts found with google searches.

anyways to make a long story short, it evolved into a really handy python script... stupidvideos v2.0 now supports caching the video list, adding/removing favorite videos, all the stupid video categories on their website, and automatic playlist creation.

give it a try!

http://www.momadthenomad.com/misc/stupidvideos_v2.rar

thanks,
momad
very nice looking script !
good job !!
congratulation
hum..
ok tested 2 vids but the script hangs after reading. the last frame of the videos still showing, but xbmc itself is not freezed. just i can't do anything but reboot
experienced the same Image
Sorry for my...english :blush:
bug confirmed
my guess is that its trying to download the next video.. can anyone tell me what exactly is causing this?

try turning debug on and take a look at the debug.txt file. there is a global variable at the top, debugging = false, set it to true.

im not getting this problem so i cant figure out whats wrong.
so nobody knows what the problem is huh? i played with it some more today and it seems to work perfectly fine. i will not try to change anything since it works for me and nobody else can really tell me a specific problem other than "it doesnt work", i just cant reproduce it.
hi
i can't figure out how your "playvideo" function is working...
when i launch a video, i only want to watch this and only this video... why the script is talking about getrandomvideolist

anyway, here is my debug.txt file :
http://xbmc-scripts.gx-mod.com/documents.../debug.txt
the script generates a random playlist, so that you will watch the video you selected first, then a random sequence of other videos.

the current version v2.3, disables that option by default.

http://www.momadthenomad.com/misc/stupidvideos_v23.rar
i test it now
it works fine for video viewing without your shuffle playlist stuff.
the settings button does not work
hi

just tested v2.3... very nice script.. :d :o

and such a bright colorful background... :agree:

but options button doesn't work...

seems that a window is opened but not focused, because you have to click "back" two times after clicking options button.

cheers lolol
sorry guys. ive been real busy with school lately. i couldnt figure out why the options didnt work, it worked with the emulator but not with xbmc. i will try calling self.setfocus(optionsdlg) and see what happens.

thanks for the feedback,
momad the nomad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New StupidVideos version 20