Updated Guide For Mysql 5.6
I upgraded to gotham beta 1 and at the same time i had to re-install mysql on my computer so see as it says it has been fixed in gotham on the wiki i decided to install mysql 5.6 however the setup process is completely different now and options have different names

can someone either update the wiki or provide a simple guide on the options to select when using mysql 5.6

I also noticed that mysql 5.6 is using like 500mb of ram which seems excessive i only have two databases for to seperate xbmc machines

I am not sure what the original issue was with 5.6 but if it was a memory issue that had to be resolved in gotham then it hasnt been in beta 1
I just followed the MySQL guide a few days ago with MySQL 5.6 and Gotham Beta 1 on Windows 7. The instructions worked without any modificaitons and I now have 5 XBMC clients happily collected and synced. As for RAM usage, during the install process, it asks what your usage of MySQL will be and gives you three options corresponding to memory usage. The default (medium) option uses around 500 MB of RAM. You can use the minimal option to reduce memory usage. Again, this is a setting in the MySQL installer and not XBMC.
thanks for the reply

that is what i was having issue with i was not sure what options to choose in the new installer i ended up with a 493mb usage for mysql when it was just idling i have since gone back to 5.5 and when installed and all items scanned it i am getting 109mb usage instead of the 493mb usage

is there any real improvements in 5.6 over 5.5 that would make me consider starting again and redo the mysql databases and have another attempt at it
I am also curious about it...
It is improvements but for a small system i am not sure if you notice it.
I still running 5.5 but with a script to optimize the databases every 15 minutes.

Fast and nice here at our place

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updated Guide For Mysql 5.60