Corrupting my library
Hi, I have run into a strange issue with Ember. I am trying to use it to organize my library but it seems to be corrupting my files when it scans my movie folder. It removes the file extension of my video files and replaces it with .info. Even if I change them back, I can no longer open the files on any computer. Thankfully, I am in the process of moving my files to my new NAS and still have the originals in their original locations untouched so I can replace them. I would really like to finally get my movies all organized with info and everything and Ember seems great but the fact that it is essentially ruining my library is worrying. Does anyone have any ideas? My movie folder is mapped to my x64 Windows 7 computer via NFS if that makes any difference.
Ember recognize incorrect NFO files and rename it automatically to INFO. Maybe your nfos have bad xml structures. Please upload an nfo, I will check that.
Dan, Thanks for the quick reply. The issue isn't with the .nfo files. It is renaming the actual video file from .mkv for example, to .info. If I rename it back to .mkv, I am unable to play it. For example, 21 Jump Street.mkv will get renamed to 21 Jump Street.info and renaming it back to 21 Jump Street.mkv does nothing and the file can no longer be played. I don't have any existing .nfo files. Also, this happens before scrapping. I was just trying to get it to scan my library to determine what was needed and nothing more.

EDIT:

Here is an error I get in VLC when trying to play a file that Ember corrupted if it helps at all:
Code:
File reading failed:
VLC could not open the file "U:\A Clockwork Orange (1971)\A Clockwork Orange.mkv". (Bad file descriptor)
Your input can't be opened:
VLC is unable to open the MRL 'file:///U:/A%20Clockwork%20Orange%20%281971%29/A%20Clockwork%20Orange.mkv'. Check the log for details.
This is very strange! A similar case is unknown to me.

Please upload a screenshot of your untouched/backup folder of 21 Jump Street. Please upload also your Settings.xml and AdvancedSettings.xml.

I will try to reproduce your case.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Corrupting my library0