xbmcbuntu or openelec on my old acer?
hi guys, very quick question which i hope only requires a very quick answer.

i have an old acer revo r3610 which i am soon to bust out again. it has all its original specs except i plan to install and run XBMC on an SD card for speed. my setup will be video through HDMI, and audio through some 2.1 logitech speakers (tiny apartment). i will want to use the audio out on the acer, not the tv. i also have a radical HP media remote. the only other fancy thing i want to do is remote control torrents from my windows machine (both will be running on wifi).

so...which is gonna be better for my purposes, xbmc or openelec? is one easier to configure than the other? or all other things being equal, which is faster/smaller?

thanks!
I use openelec on my revo's - works much better than xbmcbuntu and faster too
thanks. is it capable of all the things i mentioned above? specifically splitting audio and video outputs?
Yes, just set it to use analogue audio output. As for the remote can't say, but assuming its a mce type remote it should be fine. If not you might need a bit of tweaking, but nothing too involved.
OpenELEC is always the best choice as long as it can do what you're looking for. Sadly in the case of torrenting I think you'll have no other choice of client other than Transmission and rtorrent. rtorrent is very good but you'll have to control it using a web interface.
thanks dudes, good responses. i don't mind transmission actually. but just in case what is the best remote interface for rtorrent?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmcbuntu or openelec on my old acer?0