Information Is TobAlan/BotAllen Repository and its JioTV addon legal?
Ok, so there is JioTV, an app made by one of the largest networks in India. It allows you to watch normally plaid channels for free. They haven't provided much info in the API that was relevant enough. So TobAlan repository hosts a JioTV addon. I dont know what kind of API they use but for sure they use a VPS. You cant view any channel from the web Jiotv, only phone is allowed. Because of the limited info about Jiotv's api (i have a feeling that they are using IPTV), I would like to know that TobAlan's addon of Jiotv for kodi is legal or not. If the developers say anything in this thread, I want the API documentation and link with the response.

TobAlan repo is known mainly for this one addon only...

If tobalan is doing this legally, I will put JioTV on my Kodi, after I get my other issue sorted. otherwise this will be put into the banned addon list unfortunately.

Thank you.
Using Kodi since 2020...
Also, JioTV is allowed to be only used in Mobile phone.
Using Kodi since 2020...
(2024-03-31, 13:51)computerblade Wrote: It allows you to watch normally plaid channels for free
From the Wiki "How do I tell if something is allowed or not" The basic rule of thumb for what is not allowed, is that if the Add-on is offering something for free that you would normally expect to pay for by any other means, then it'll most likely be using pirate feeds. Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) I suppose one could have arguments, depending on the country and laws, but in the main, content providers do so at a cost which have to be mitigated in some fashion and a Kodi forum isn't the place to legally advocate any direction.
I see. Thanks for the info.
Using Kodi since 2020...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is TobAlan/BotAllen Repository and its JioTV addon legal?0