OS X BDMV files play with Front R-L swapped with Surround R-L
Bug 
In the nightly builds as of at least Git build 20140308-dc5fff9 x86_64 BDMV files play with the front right and left audio channels swapped with the right and left surround audio channels. I am running this on a 2.5 GHz Core i5 2011 21.5 in. iMac with 24 GB of RAM. Would appreciate any help you can offer. Here is a log file.
What are your audio settings?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
My audio settings are displayport over HDMI to a HD audio capable surround sound receiver. As for my XBMC settings they are set to displayport, 5.1 channel, Best match setting ,I also have passthrough enabled but with the dts and dolby digital ticked off so that I am doing a linear pcm passthrough.
This error is also happening on makemkv rips of blu-rays where I kept the DTS-HD audio track not sure what would happen if I enabled passthrough but I will check. Here is a log with different audio settings, fixed pcm at 192 kHz. Logfile

The audio does in fact work fine when it reads the dts layer in the the audio track when passthrough is enabled. So I think the problem might be in how AE handles converting DTS-HD multichannel to LPCM multichannel and then mapping the channels correctly.
Believe it or not, I have to set my audio channel setting to 2.0.....even though it sounds counter-intuitive since we all want glorious 5.1 audio right? But with "passthrough" enabled it all works for me. If I change it to 5.1 it all goes haywire so with the new audio engine they've recently implemented you might wanna try 2.0 just for laughs. It sounds wrong.......but it works....for me and a bunch of others.

ps...do you not have a DTS or Dolbly Digital capable receiver? Just curious.
That's incorrect. The number of speaker channels only matters if you're NOT passing through audio. If you're passing it through, we don't care what it is.

The original user is decoding the audio, thus the number of speaker channels matters in that case, as AE will drop any you don't have.

It may be dropping the 'wrong' ones, perhaps because the sink is feeding it the wrong channel map.

I know it works fine for 7.1, so switch to 7.1 and make sure you get the correct channel layout first up (your AV receiver should quite happily cope with that over HDMI).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Sorry about that. I didn't even notice the change that that was no longer an option to me with the new AE.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BDMV files play with Front R-L swapped with Surround R-L0