[Gotham Beta] [opened, again] WoL does not work for me (it does partially... whyever)
Sad 
Hi,

despite the fact that I'm absolutely happy with this Gotham beta 1-release, I cannot get this nice feature WoL get working.

Until now most of my clients are Windows-based, sending a magic-packet towards the also Windows-based SMB-/MySQL-Server upon startup which works for like 2 years nicely now.

Having an Apple- and an Android-based tablet, I was looking forward to this Wake-On-LAN feature in Gotham - but my server won't wake up, nor does the tablet as it keeps constantly trying to wake it's server before showing up any options.

So my question is: what type of WoL is implemented into Gotham? Magic-Packet or Magic-Pattern? Clearly Magic-Packet can't be it because otherwise my server would wake up...

Any advice is really appreciated
Bye,
Fry
Kodi v17.6 with shared MariaDB v10.3 | HTS Tvheadend 4.2.6 on RPi2 | running on:
Windows 10x64 | Nvidia Shield | FireTV4k | FireTVStick4 | Android 5 | RPi3 with OSMC
Hi,

I tried also last night and couldn't get it too work.
Looking here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Auto_wake_on_lan

Maybe we need to edit the wakeonlan.xml and change the pingport & pingmode?

I'm going to try again tonight after work.

My Gotham on the Pi did auto generate the wakeonlan.xml file without any issue.
But, when clicking on a movie etc, it wont wake.
Post logfile please, for both cases

@Fry7 - you have been using windows-xbmc ok for 2 years ; do you mean special-builds including 'wake on access' ?

@matthuisman - does it wake and xbmc not detecting it or does it not wake at all
(2014-03-12, 09:47)t4_ravenbird Wrote: @Fry7 - you have been using windows-xbmc ok for 2 years ; do you mean special-builds including 'wake on access' ?

I'm using a selfmade tool on my Windows machines which sends a MagicPacket when an XBMC-allowed user logs into one of my clients.

Did a debug log from the Android tablet - nothing noticeable concerning WoL, except the lines when it reads in the wakeonlan.xml ('WakeOnAccess - Load settings)'.
Just seems as it doesn't try to send anything - it just waits till the timeout kicks in and shows a naked XBMC.

But: I've tested this from a Windows client a few minutes ago - and it worked... so why not when triggered from a tablet?

I'm confused...
Bye,
Fry
Kodi v17.6 with shared MariaDB v10.3 | HTS Tvheadend 4.2.6 on RPi2 | running on:
Windows 10x64 | Nvidia Shield | FireTV4k | FireTVStick4 | Android 5 | RPi3 with OSMC
then there is no attempt to connect (mysql or file) any of the paths listed in wakeonlan.xml.
still need logfile to verify
...I don't know why, but suddenly WoL works - be it from an iPad or from a Galaxy Note: my server gets woken and after the timeouts set in wakeonlan.xml everything's up and running.
Even the debug.log now shows the attempt to wake up my server (sthg. like 'WakeOnAccess triggered due to access to MySQL - MusicDB') and succeeds.

Thanks anyway, I can't imagine why this suddenly started to function as all I did was to decrease the timeouts inside wakeonlan.xml.

Sorry to not be able to post a debug.log from the moment it didn't work as I just deleted all logs before a fresh retry...
Bye,
Fry
...aaaaand: one step back...

Weird: issued the WoL-thingy using my Android tablets again - and my server won't wake up.

Using my iPad: server gets woken immediately.

The only difference to yesterday is that the server has been asleep for a few hours and my APs WLAN also was disabled for a few hours.

Both doesn't seem to affect XBMC-WoL on iOS or Windows, but it obviously does on Android (v4.1.2 and v4.3) as WoL works when its target wasn't offline for too long... (?! arp-cache?!)

Here's the debug log: http://pastebin.com/AzycDKxj
Bye,
Fry
woa does not kick in at all, it loads the settings but does no action.

only known reason for this to happen is if woa is disabled (under settings / power options).
please check again that it is enabled (unfortunately there is no log to reveal if it is enabled or not)
Double-checked, woa is enabled.

Weird thing is, as I said, if I force my server to enter standby now and start XBMC on an Android device a short while afterwards, woa does kick in and wakes the server successfully... Tongue
Bye,
Fry
if there is some arp-thing then you should at least see some visual feedback from woa - you should see the progress dialog

in your log there is no trace of woa kicking in at all, that means disabled or it got skipped because of timeout not elapsed. there may be some clock-differences on android , I dont know.
(force-sleeping your server can also mess up the timeout specified and fool woa)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Gotham Beta] [opened, again] WoL does not work for me (it does partially... whyever)0