[RESOLVED]The Movie Database
Some Movies are being detected with the wrong name. Selecting the movie, information, refresh and selecting the correct title continues to result in the wrong title being listed. Change the Keep Original Title option has no effect.

Here is a pastebin of the XBMC log showing an example of what I'm seeing

http://pastebin.com/SmAV4Zne

it shows the meta data retrieved for the file Shaolin.mp4 finds the correct title... but uses the original title instead.

"original_title":"Xin shao lin si","release_date":"2011-09-09","poster_path":"/oCO0r22p9tOwoHAIzM1gM3Pm36k.jpg","popularity":1.62895349256754,"title":"Shaolin"

I imagine that is a problem with the scraper, and thats ok, but XBMC will not let me override the information. It constantly reverts

UPDATE: Accessing the Movie Database settings from the Video context menu/settings works while accessing it from the Addon menu/ configure does not. Resolution below:

(2014-03-11, 04:12)jmarshall Wrote: "This setting" is irrelevant as you're setting it in the wrong place.

Go to your source (Video->Files).
Context menu on the source in question. (C on keyboard).
Select "Change content".
Select "Settings" down the bottom.
Change the setting there.
When prompted, select Yes to rescan.
See my response to your original thread for the solution.
DEBUG log: http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy
HTPC advice: http://mymediaexperience.com , http://lifehacker.com/5828747/how-to-bui...lete-guide
My HTPC: an Acer Revo RL80 Nettop PC:
Windows 10
Intel Core-i3-2377M @ 1.5GHz, 4GB DDR3 @ 665MHz, Intel HD3000
465GB SATA disk, DVD-RW, 1.8TB Seagate USB disk

I saw that but it affects the whole library, and that's not acceptable to change 500 files to try and fix 10 of them.

Example:

As presented on refresh with the correct title:

Cover Art and resulting incorrect title :

Everything leading up to the picking the correct movie lists correctly, It's just not honoring the title I have selected as the title, even though the cover art is correct.
Where are you changing the "Keep Original Title" option? In the "Set Content" menu for the source containing this file?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

This setting has no affect on the outcome, I've tried both ways, even rebooted in between

Based on this:

"original_title":"Xin shao lin si","release_date":"2011-09-09","poster_path":"/oCO0r22p9tOwoHAIzM1gM3Pm36k.jpg","popularity":1.62895349256754,"title":"Shaolin"

I assumed that is what this setting was supposed to honor. But I wasn't sure so I posted here for clarification.
Here is another example that maybe illustrates the problem a little further. In this case, I have an empty Title at the end of my movie list, but it has a imdb rating on the empty line meaning something is there. Going into the details shows what the movie is, refresh shows the correct title of "Machine Girl" but the title is always blank.

Looking at the collected metadata we can see...
http://api.tmdb.org/3/movie/13964?api_ke...anguage=en

"original_title":"片腕マシンガール","title":"The Machine Girl"

So here we can assume it is blank because the original title is a foreign characterset, but the Title is populated correctly and the Movie Database Setting is not honoring using the title rather than the Original Title which in no way will be valid.

And in this one, It has the option for both, but always reverts to the second even when selected manually.

And last example:

I photoshopped the various modal windows so they could be seen in sequence on a single image - illustration only. The background is the result if hitting refresh on the "City Of Men" or in my case "Cidade dos Homens" . It shows that the top button is the correct title of "City of Men". Selecting this button results in the top modal window showing the original incorrect title and the newly selected title, then suddenly the modal changes to the bottom modal showing both titles wrong again. It seems the Movie Database plugin is fixed to always use the Original Title no matter what, making the plugin option of "always use original title" a useless option because it always will anyhow.

All of my mislabeled movies exhibit this same behavior.
"This setting" is irrelevant as you're setting it in the wrong place.

Go to your source (Video->Files).
Context menu on the source in question. (C on keyboard).
Select "Change content".
Select "Settings" down the bottom.
Change the setting there.
When prompted, select Yes to rescan.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Thank you jmarshall!!! That is exactly what I was looking for. This resolved my bad titles! +1

Any idea what the duplicate addon setting is used for or has that been deprecated?
That's the default value. i.e. if you'd set it there beforehand I *think* it would have applied.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RESOLVED]The Movie Database0