Oh boy, this isn't good - dvdfab discussion
one thing to note. It appears that DVDFab didn't know anything about this court hearing so likely they didn't show up. I believe (could be wrong) that the court has to side with the party that appears at the hearing if only one party shows up. That might be why the injunction was granted. DVDFab can now appeal the injunction. so they were kinda sucker punched with this, doesn't necessarily mean the fight is over yet.
(2014-03-13, 18:36)Night Hawke Wrote: one thing to note. It appears that DVDFab didn't know anything about this court hearing so likely they didn't show up. I believe (could be wrong) that the court has to side with the party that appears at the hearing if only one party shows up. That might be why the injunction was granted. DVDFab can now appeal the injunction. so they were kinda sucker punched with this, doesn't necessarily mean the fight is over yet.

According to the article I read you are correct. It was reported that DVDFab was not present/represented so the judge automatically ruled against them.
http://torrentfreak.com/u-s-court-orders...ds-140310/
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
What's the goal of a move like this?
To enforce the law. I'm sure the court has no other goal. Hence the saying- Justice Is Blind.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
You forgot to add the fine print.

Unless you're extremely rich, a celebrity/popular figure, or an attractive blonde white female (Other hair colors will drop you down a notch).
(2014-03-16, 23:30)tential Wrote: You forgot to add the fine print.

Unless you're extremely rich, a celebrity/popular figure, or an attractive blonde white female (Other hair colors will drop you down a notch).

NodRofl
(2014-03-13, 18:36)Night Hawke Wrote: one thing to note. It appears that DVDFab didn't know anything about this court hearing so likely they didn't show up. I believe (could be wrong) that the court has to side with the party that appears at the hearing if only one party shows up. That might be why the injunction was granted. DVDFab can now appeal the injunction. so they were kinda sucker punched with this, doesn't necessarily mean the fight is over yet.

I think you are right.In fact,the DVDFab leaders didn't know the case at all until they found their website being shut down by the AACS.As a user,I don't think this case or lawsuit is fair. That's really ridiculously to suspend or block the DVDFab's website.I also need to backup now and then. I am a user of this ripping software.I notice that the site dvdfab.cn has been used to take place of the original one.They also appeal to support and vote for DVDFab by establishing the site ilikedvdfab.com. I think we users should go to vote to protest our own right and interests.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Oh boy, this isn't good - dvdfab discussion0