cmyth Daylight Savings Time issues?
I don't know if anyone else is having this issue or not. It is not a big deal, but I noticed strange behavior with the timestamps once DST happened this past weekend. Sunday and Monday, all my timestamps for newly recorded content were off an hour, they appeared to be an hour earlier than they actually were. My recordings that occurred prior to DST had accurate timestamps. Today, that seems to have reversed itself. Now all my new recordings have accurate timestamps, and all my old recordings have timestamps of an hour later than they should be. When I look at the recordings in MythWeb, all the timestamps are correct, so I believe this to be an XBMC, or addon issue. I am running the latest Gotham Beta on xbmcbuntu on 2 of my machines, and a gotham test build on a RPi on a 3rd machine. All have the issue. The addon version for all is: 1.9.15.

One more issue I noticed, but has since "fixed" itself. When I was browsing the EPG on Sunday, all the programs listed were off by an hour as well. My machine time was correct, but the guide never adjusted accordingly, so a show that was supposed to air at 9pm was showing up as airing at 8pm...
myth has in the past had problems with the DST shift, but I thought they had all been fixed. What version of the backend are you using?

The myth problems generally seem to be fixed by a reboot shortly after the DST shift, even if that is anathema to unix people.

Since a couple of versions ago myth moved all timecodes in the database to UTC, which may have confused the cmyth addon?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Yea, I remember the issue with the recordings not showing up in cmyth because of DST.
I am running .26. I did reboot, but that didn't change anything.
This isn't that big of a deal, just a minor annoyance to deal with twice a year.
I saw the same issue. I deleted the EPG info on Sunday morning and forced it to re-download, and that appeared to fix the issue for me.
(2014-03-13, 22:17)sdsnyr94 Wrote: I saw the same issue. I deleted the EPG info on Sunday morning and forced it to re-download, and that appeared to fix the issue for me.

Samesies. Deleting EPG from XBMC seemed to fix it. I still a strange error with a show that XBMC says I've been recording for the last 4 days. I am not, however -- and live TV works fine even with my one tuner.

This might be the code first implemented to "fix" the DST issue last year:

https://github.com/janbar/xbmc-pvr-addon...19cd5c7d3e

I'm running:

OpenELEC (official) Version: 3.0.6
mythbackend version: fixes/0.26 [v0.26.0-130-gd6de041]
@Juan234

There is an issue between the myth addon and the myth server that if you are watching livetv and the myth server wants to record it will inform the addon of the conflict and the addon will decide what to do. If the addon favors the recording it will stop livetv playback 30 seconds before recording. If you choose to start playback before the recording begins than the addon will seize the tuner and mythbackend will create the recording entry but never record and never stop. It dies and never recovers from it. It will hold that stale recording until you restart the mythbackend. That scenario or something like it where a tuner is seized before the recording starts causes a stale recording like that everytime. Hopefully that helps. I have informed cfetzer of the issue and he is aware of it but has no good solution for it.

@NoHesitation

I had the same issue. I believe the duration of the funny EPG data has to do with the amount of EPG you cache. I don't store EPG in the local database so I just rebooted my boxes. The server has the right time and EPG is correct so I didn't find it to be too significant an issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
cmyth Daylight Savings Time issues?0