Solved Frontend XBMC has started rebooting on power system off
Hi

I have a separate MythTV backend with an XBMC frontend (now 12.3, but was 12.2 when this issue started, I don't think this is significant).

All has been running smooth/y for about a year then a couple of weeks ago, everytime I power off XBMC it just reboots, so I now have to stand by the machine and keep pressing the physical power button until the machine eventually gives up and decides to stay off! No settings have been changed in either the OS or the BIOS unless my 4 year old has managed it using the TV remote.

Any ideas? I have a vague recollection that this began to happen when I used mythtv as a frontend until I have that up for XBMC.
I guess you have to provide a little bit more information.

This behavior is sadly common for example with Intel boards, wake-on-lan active and latest Ubuntu.
The solution is to disable wake-on-lan.

hal
Hal

Yes, should've provided more info, you're right. Thanks for getting back to me. I've got the frontend waking up the backend, but there's nothing waking up the frontend, which is where the problem is. I'll check the BIOS settings see what I can find.

Jim
Hal

Disabled ACPI in the BIOS and that seems to have done the trick.

Many thanks.

Jim
No! Don't do that. That's evil and harms.

If you have bad luck, you now only have on cpu core left, thermal management might be problematic and some onboard devices might not work at all.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-03-14, 07:47)fritsch Wrote: No! Don't do that. That's evil and harms.

If you have bad luck, you now only have on cpu core left, thermal management might be problematic and some onboard devices might not work at all.

Not sure about 'evil' but thanks for the tip. What do you suggest instead?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frontend XBMC has started rebooting on power system off0