OSX Mavericks Issues
Guys,
I am trying to use TMM on OSX 10.9 (Mavericks). I have got over the Java permissions issue (Gatekeeper reports the application is damaged) but now it initialises to 99% and fails. Any advice? Is there a log file somewhere I should look at?
you could have a look in the app (right click on tinyMediaManager and choose "show package contents" - or similar Smile ).
There you will find inside Contents/Resources/Java all necessary logs:

launcher.log
logs/tmm.log

please send them to me via http://www.tinymediamanager.org/index.php/contact-us/
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Hi,
I've also have the Osx 10.9.2 and when I want to open TMM it closes immediately.
If looked up in the app contents but could't find any log file.
It works flawlessly on a Macbook Pro although it run a previous OSX.
now you are the second user who reported such a problem.. unfortunately I have no clue why it is not starting - the other user sent me some logs but I cannot find any hint, why OSX 10.9.2 is preventing tmm from starting

do you have java 6 oder 7 installed? do you have gatekeeper activated?
do you see the downloader/updater before tmm starts? did tmm start at least once?
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
I solved the problem for the other user by creating a file called

Code:
extra.txt

in the tmm directory (that's inside the tinyMediaManager.app; right click the app, "Show package contents" and navigate to Contents/Resources/Java).put the following line into the file extra.txt

Code:
-Djava.ext.dirs=

and then restart the app

hth
Manuel
Many thanks. But you were right with the java issue. I ran the java -version common in the terminal, and the result was that no java was present.
Hi, the problem appears when you don't have the JDK installed. You need the Developer Version of Java

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSX Mavericks Issues0