How to auto start XBMC without the OSX menu bar showing?
In 10.6.8 OSX, I have set XBMC to automatically launch at startup. In both the nightly and stable versions, XBMC starts with the OSX menu bar in the foreground. How do I prevent this from occurring? Ideally, I would like this to boot right into XBMC without any user intervention needed. Right now I have to use a mouse on my phone to select xbmc in the background to make this go away.
Just a shot in the dark:
Is XBMC the last thing set to launch?

I'm on 10.8, so I can't be a lot of help, but it works just as you wish for me.
(I've had this issue with Plex before, but as with most things, XBMC has had no such quirks)
Kodi Matrix on Raspberry Pi4 4GB Libreelec - Gigabit Ethernet - Served from unRaid shares
Estuary skin - Netflix plug-in (CastagnalT) - Amazon Video Plug-in

Kodi Matrix on Pi4 in the car with USB storage and Mausberry 4A Power supply w/safe shutdown - HiFiBerry Digi+ optical out to Alpine PXA-800
Set xbmc to start in fullscreen?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsett...fullscreen
XBMC already starts as fullscreen, just for some reason, the menu bar pokes through upon automatic restart. Has anyone else on 10.6 experienced this and what was the workaround? I'd sure like to be able to restart this Mac mini without any user intervention.
Something else is also auto starting at log-in that is taking focus away from XBMC. Change the boot order or remove the other program from auto starting.
(2014-03-14, 02:03)Ned Scott Wrote: Something else is also auto starting at log-in that is taking focus away from XBMC. Change the boot order or remove the other program from auto starting.

Nothing else is set on the Login Items- only XBMC.

Finder is what shows on the menu bar.
Yes, but something else is still starting after XBMC, even if it is not in your "login items".
(2014-03-14, 04:13)Ned Scott Wrote: Yes, but something else is still starting after XBMC, even if it is not in your "login items".

Are you running 10.6 as well? This is a fresh install of 10.6 that exhibits this problem. It's as if Finder starts up after XBMC and the focus shifts to that. I'm not sure how to disable Finder from starting up.
Not currently.

Hmm, I can't think of why that would happen on a fresh install. I have seen just what you describe happen before, but it was almost always some weird thing being launched at startup, like a background helper app for some program/hardware/whatever. There's at least three different ways that I can think of that things can be launched at startup, so sometimes it's tricky to hunt down the offender. I had a heck of a time stopping EyeTV from launching their EyeConnect software, for example. However, a fresh install, that has me stumped.

If I find anything out then I'll post about it in this thread.
Thanks for all the replies.

I ended up installing 'DelayedLauncher' and installed that which allowed me to delay the auto start of XBMC for 15 seconds on boot. That fixed the issue by allowing whatever system process (Finder, I assume) to start first before XBMC.
(2014-03-14, 16:46)noone Wrote:
(2014-03-14, 04:13)Ned Scott Wrote: Yes, but something else is still starting after XBMC, even if it is not in your "login items".

Are you running 10.6 as well? This is a fresh install of 10.6 that exhibits this problem. It's as if Finder starts up after XBMC and the focus shifts to that. I'm not sure how to disable Finder from starting up.
I'm running XBMC on Mac OS 10.6.8 and have been for nearly a year and I've never seen the menu bar appear on top - and I automatically load XBMC (and some other stuff including Air Video server) on startup.

Until a few days ago I was running Frodo 12.2, for the last few days I've been running the airplay fix test build of Gotham and no problems with the menu bar poking through there either. So I don't think this is a general problem.
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
Does XBMC Helper run in the background for you too?
Yes, I have it set so I can launch XBMC with the IR remote - mainly in case it crashes on me - I can close the crash reporter dialogue and re-launch XBMC with the remote without having to connect a keyboard and mouse...
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
As a test only you could try:

Disabling menu key launch of XBMC
Using an applescript to launch first time from boot/login with a 2 second delay as per here
Disabling mouse support

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to auto start XBMC without the OSX menu bar showing?0