Help Newbie to XBMC and it's just not installing enabled zips
Video 
Hello I am a newbie to XBMC and just purchased all the gear . I followed the videos to a T to installMash up and Fusion but both times when it came to installing any zipped file to be enabled it just would not happen. can you please tell me where i might have gomne wrong because the people at ModMy Pi say its nothing to do with them anymore they gave me all the stuff. I went to source and added the correct HTTP then i went to name it the same name then i went to extract zip file from the root then i saw all the files to unzip. selecting each one i unzipped each one and saw it say working in the lower bottom right hand side of the screen. Then i went to get add-ons and saw the list of add-ons with the word enabled but when I clicked on it specifically I could not install... as i rolled the mouse over each named enabled add-on to install i saw in the background the image it was representing very opaquely so i knew it had some association with each zip file but for the life of me I just could not install any. Please help. I know I am connected to the web cause the time is correct on my screen and I can get weather.
cheers
I don't really know what you are trying to do; Most regular addons can be installed from within the System menu (System -> Add-ons -> Get Addons). All add-ons available there are properly maintained and tested and supported by the XBMC version you are using. Add-ons that aren't available through that menu are usually still in development or not officially supported. Until you know what you are doing it is better to stay away from that.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
hello ph-sym
I have followed your EXACT threat to add the ADD-ONS but the simple fact is that they don't allow me to complete the process by actually installing them onto my Pi/SD card- XBMC programme. It just gets to the extract file stage and then when I try to get add-ons nothing installs.??
(2014-03-14, 14:31)sputnikjr3 Wrote: hello ph-sym
I have followed your EXACT threat to add the ADD-ONS but the simple fact is that they don't allow me to complete the process by actually installing them onto my Pi/SD card- XBMC programme. It just gets to the extract file stage and then when I try to get add-ons nothing installs.??

He threatened you? Tongue

On a different note, it's HIGHLY advised against installing Fusion or anything similar on XBMC. It's not supported here, never will be and has nothing to do with the official XBMC. It can cause serious problems with your HPTC.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=3rd...positories
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help Newbie to XBMC and it's just not installing enabled zips0