allwinner a31 android 4.2.2 gotham blank screen
am i to understand that my justop box , allwinner a31 Android 4.2.2 does not support Gotham ? i get playback Audio but no picture . also many addons are marked incompatable ?
It should work. Can you get us a debug log (wiki)?
Just reading up on how to obtain the debug log and send it to you , Thanks for quick reply
Just to note the system does not crash , the stream plays , I just get a grey skin behind which is a grey wall , not a blue screen . It's a pre loaded skin Huh Seems I just need to adjust some video settings ? The numbers at the top of the screen change but don't stop
Hi,
I have the same problem ever since I tried the first nightlies of gotham.
In the Device forum, people says they only get it to play video if they use an external player.
I'll see if I can get the log, and post it here if you can take a look

Regards.

Edit:

Log attached

Steps:
- Open xbmc, access my smb files.
- Opened 1 avi file, played ok.
- Switched to one MP4 file without stopping previous video, no image
- Switched to another AVI file without stopping previous video, xbmc crashed.
- Killed xbmc
- Copied the log.

Log File
You will never see a working version for A31 of XBMC (closed source HW driver from Allwinner, say thanks to them...)
(2014-04-15, 09:56)Qefx Wrote: You will never see a working version for A31 of XBMC (closed source HW driver from Allwinner, say thanks to them...)

A31 actually works using the standard mediacodec hardware video decoding.
So, is there any answer here? I've go the same problem.
(2014-04-15, 10:13)Ned Scott Wrote: A31 actually works using the standard mediacodec hardware video decoding.

Hi Ned,
So is there anything we should do to make it work?

Thank you.
The mediacodec in 4.2.2 of A31 (which 99% of all A31 "mediaboxes" are using) is VERY bad, unstable and useless. In 4.4.2 it improved as far as I know, but most boxes won´t get an update. (Mele, AV200 etc.)
Why wouldn't those boxes get an update?
Because (Well, Mele said that, so take that with a grain of salt) That Allwinner is not releaseing 4.4 sourcecode for Allwinner A31 TV boxes which differs from, for example, tablet sourceode (SPDIF for example) someone might be able to merge 4.2 with 4.4 but no one will do it...
Seems to me very likely that vidon.me has a big interest in getting that to work.
I should receive their AV200 soon for testing.
You will port 4.4 to Allwinner 31 TV box? Or do you try to fix XBMC for AV200? If you try to fix XBMC for 4.2, well as far as I know the mediacodec is very unstable in that Version. Nontheless, I which you all the luck!
I have no clue how you got any of those assumptions from my statement.
To answer all of your questions: No.

I meant that vidon.me, which is a commercial organisation has an interest on working on 4.4.2 for their AV200 box.
Their is already some information on their forums about it. As far as I understand the kitkat SDK was already released for allwinner A31

Where do you get your information that noone will do it?
Is there any statement from these companies?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
allwinner a31 android 4.2.2 gotham blank screen0