TV Scraping different season/episode formats
I was wondering if their is a way to add another format for scraping. Most of my stuff is in "S01E01" or "1x01" which work, but some are in "Season 1 Episode 1" which does not work. Is there anyway to change the settings to scrape for that format or maybe a faster way to change the file name? I tried some renaming applications but they don't find the files. Right now I am changing each file name manually by replacing "Season 1 Episode " with "1x" and it is becoming tedious.
See Naming video files/TV shows#Using_custom_file_names (wiki).
Thanks I don't know how i missed that.

I made the advancedsettings.xml file. I tried putting the file in
Code:
%appdata%/xbmc/userdata
Code:
%appdata%/xbmc/userdata/metadata.tvdb.com
and
Code:
programfiles/xbmc/userdata

and it did not work in any of them

I made the file as follows

<advancedsettings>
<tvshowmatching action="prepend">
<regexp>Season ([0-9]+) Episode ([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)$</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>

Is the file wrong? location wrong? Do I have to do something more?
Should be the first location. The code looks correct also.

Some things I can think of to to check:
First double-check the file name, make sure there isn't a hidden .txt extension and that the name is all lowercase,

Next, did you stop and restart XBMC between adding the advancedsettings.xml? Any changes won't take effect until a restart.

Finally, a simple library update won't necessarily recheck files and folders that haven't changed since the last update. Try selecting a show folder in File view and manually refreshing (press 'i', select "Refresh" and click "Yes" to refresh info for all episodes).

If that works, you can then either refresh each show in turn, or just remove the source folder, and then re-add it (the simplest method) to force a full rescan.
It may also be possible to just clean the library (System->Video->Library->Clean Library...) and then run an update - that may make XBMC re-look at all folders (including ones that haven't changed).
Ok I put it in the correct spot,
Quote:Some things I can think of to to check:
First double-check the file name, make sure there isn't a hidden .txt extension and that the name is all lowercase,
done

Quote:Next, did you stop and restart XBMC between adding the advancedsettings.xml? Any changes won't take effect until a restart.
yes

Quote:Finally, a simple library update won't necessarily recheck files and folders that haven't changed since the last update. Try selecting a show folder in File view and manually refreshing (press 'i', select "Refresh" and click "Yes" to refresh info for all episodes).
If that works, you can then either refresh each show in turn, or just remove the source folder, and then re-add it (the simplest method) to force a full rescan.
It may also be possible to just clean the library (System->Video->Library->Clean Library...) and then run an update - that may make XBMC re-look at all folders (including ones that haven't changed).

i did all those things, I also changed the name of some of the files (Season 01 Episode 01, Season 1 Episode 1,etc.) Nothing seems to have worked.

EDIT: Its working now, I kinda feel like an idiot but it turns out the problem was I left an extra space in the code between "([0-9]+)" and "Episode" .

Code:
<regexp>Season ([0-9]+)  Episode ([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)$</regexp>

Thanks for all the help!
I would stick to one of the standard naming conventions and use Filebot or TheRenamer to change my file names to match this. It is so easy using these utilities.
DEBUG log: http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy
HTPC advice: http://mymediaexperience.com , http://lifehacker.com/5828747/how-to-bui...lete-guide
My HTPC: an Acer Revo RL80 Nettop PC:
Windows 10
Intel Core-i3-2377M @ 1.5GHz, 4GB DDR3 @ 665MHz, Intel HD3000
465GB SATA disk, DVD-RW, 1.8TB Seagate USB disk

I have been up for 2 nights trying to scrape my tv episodes. I keep seeing the S01E01 pattern, but when I do

DISK.S01E01E02E03.iso

it doesn't parse.

Am I doing something wrong?

Many thanks!!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Scraping different season/episode formats0