Gotham beta tag format
Hi XBMC team,

I noticed that the Git tag for Gotham-beta1 is using a dash, rather than an underscore.

For consistency with the other tags in Git, would you mind using an underscore going forward?

To add a bit more contextual information, RPM interprets dashes as special characters when we use them in the Version or Release fields. If we use a Git tag in an RPM version field, we have to translate the dashes to underscores.

It's also nice to keep using underscores for consistency with previous tags.
The Frodo Release tags have a dash too - should be the same problem for you - no?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi Memphiz, thanks for the reply.

The Frodo final release and subsequent v12.x point releases did indeed have dashes in the tag names. That did not cause an issue for RPM because we don't use the codename in the RPM Release field for the final version or point releases.

On the other hand, each of the Frodo pre-releases prior to the final 12.0 only contained underscores. So we were able to use those tag names in the RPM Release field throughout the development process leading up to the final release of 12.0.

Fedora's package guidelines suggest that we should use the tag name for pre-releases, if possible.

Fedora guidelines aside, there's also something to be said for maintaining consistency with the previous tag format.
Did you stop shipping sed in fedora?
(2014-03-15, 00:36)althekiller Wrote: Did you stop shipping sed in fedora?

sed is alive and well Smile

althekiller recently pointed me at the new Gotham_beta2 tag, which does have an underscore. I can sleep at night now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham beta tag format0