Problem Connecting XBMC on Raspberry Pi to Internet
Hello,
I finally got NOOBS and XBMC installed and working, but now it won't let me connect to the internet. I have a wireless wifi adapter plugged into a USB Hub connected to the pi. The USB hub looks like this- imgur.com/iLOcOXR
I went to programs, clicked on it, went to Raspbmc Settings, which brought up Network Configuration. I switched to wireless wifi network, changed Wifi security to None (there's no password for my network) and then clicked Scan Networks. Then brought up the select a network screen, in which there were no options. Why is it doing this? What am I doing wrong?
Some help would be great
I can see the wifi adapter, but not the hub (but thats no problem), the real problem is that you haven't given any info to help sort things.
Have you any way to get access to the Pi while it is running RaspBMC, or can you have a keyboard connected?
This is to pick up information about the adapter, and whether it is being recognised, and whether it is of a type known to work.
Derek
I have a keyboard connected to the pi, yes.
OK, then we want to get to a command line, so do:
Pick EXIT in the shutdown menu
When the screen blanks, hit ESC (may need to do it more than once)
When the login prompt appears, log in as pi with password raspberry,
and wait for prompt

Now execute the commands
lsusb
lsmod
The second will generate quite a lot of output, and the meaningful bit will depend on the lsusb command output
ifconfig
will tell us something about how the interface is configured - but don't expect much help there.

NB some people find getting logged in to be tricky - so keep trying
Derek
it won't let me do the password <pls help fast>
4 months, and now you're in a hurry!!

Getting the password in has been known to give trouble - you have to persist
Derek
i am somebody else and what does persist mean? and i think that it is because on the raspberry pi there was only Xbmc loaded onto it

and how do i stream things on xbmc
you stream either from a storage in your local network (NAS, USB HDD, laptop) or stream from the internet using the provided addons. To stream from your local network you first have to add a new source/share to the video node. If you're searching for ways to stream things you don't "own" this is the wrong forum.

As for the wifi password - which distribution do you use? I didn't have any issues when I used my wifi stick with OpenElec - but wired network is preferred if you have the possibility.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem Connecting XBMC on Raspberry Pi to Internet0