Release [Release] MediaCopier AKA 'XBMC-agogo' - Kodi on holidays &/or Sharing Libraries
Ok, here's the script:

https://github.com/bossanova808/MediaCopier

It's rough as guts and kind of like a V0.0.1 alpha but it works well for me. It pretty much requires a well organised and named library to work, and the docs at github are probably incoherent but have a look and it might be useful for you. Before I give it its own release thread I'll see if it actually useful for anyone and not too horribly crap for people to actually use.

(pull requests welcome of course - as long as it keeps working for me I'd be very happy to see someone with more time turn this into something useful and it's GPL2 so use it as you will!)
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Anyone had a look? Any interest?
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
I've changed this to a release thread for the tool which is working very well for me.

@ned Scott might be worth moving this thread to supplemental tools??
I'd still love for somebody with addon dev knowledge to help you make this an XBMC addon. For now, I'll move it over.
Thanks (I've got addon dev knowledge but I just don't see the pros of doing it inside xbmc for myself (takes about 6 hours to run for all my unwatched tv) . But pull request welcome Smile
Took my xbmc nuc on holidays for the first time....complete with my unwatched materials as auto copied over. A quick trakt sync when I got home and boom! perfect xbmc holiday experience.

Worked perfectly, was so cool having it all there, very handy.
Hi bossanova,

I've set it up for myself and plan to use it regularly to take my unwatched shows with me on a USB key to watch on my way to work. I've used it only twice for now, but it's doing exactly what I was looking for. So, please, keep it on !!
Ah good to hear - took me quite a while to clean it up so glad somebody else if getting use out of it. Didn't actually think anyone would get it working Smile

I don't have a lot of extra plans for it, although I will add an option to delete watched things off the destination (more for subscribers than agogo usage, it's easier just to blank things for the agogo mode).
Well, as you said, the doc is not really consictent... But I'm quite stubborn Wink

And I'm using it as a subscriber, as I don't want all of my unwatched shows on the thumb drive, juste 2-3 of them (I've got a few completely unwatched shows that I'm keeping for later...)

Anyway, it wasn't that hard to setup. It took me, say, half an hour top.
Let me know what I can do to improve the docs...
(2014-03-15, 21:44)natethomas Wrote: Out of curiosity, is your existing media copier tool a python addon for XBMC? Because that would be an absolutely awesome little addition. It'd be super useful to have an addon (both for traveling NUCs and also tablets and such) that created a temp local video folder, and then downloaded videos from the central repo to the temp folder. I personally wouldn't even care about the marked-as-watched aspect. For me, it'd all be about copying things over the wireless without having to exit out of XBMC itself.

+1 Nod
Like I said, not gonna happen via me, but feel free to fork on github if it's helpful, I'd think a lot of the library copying logic would be applicable, just combine it with some xbmc addon stuff and some context menu work and away you go.
Just a random note to say this still works, and I still use it (and do minor upkeep on it) - almost 10 years later...
And another fly-by to say I have pushed out V2 which cleans up the code considerably and has much better output & logging along the way as functional improvements.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] MediaCopier AKA 'XBMC-agogo' - Kodi on holidays &/or Sharing Libraries0