OS X XBMC not opening
Software OS X 10.9.2 (13C64) Mac Mini

I have just upgraded my XBMC to latest version (12.3) after maverick upgrade had caused my current XBMC (12.2) to not open. Unfortunately, I still have the same problem.

Does anyone have a remedy for this issue. I can find plenty of discussion on previous version and stating the upgrade will fix the problem. However this is not the case for me.

Any help appreciated.

JackHK
Perhaps you could provide a few more details. How did you upgrade xbmc? What happens exactly when you try to open it? Any error messages?
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
I download latest version and did install as instructed. Copied app to App folder. Replaced old version and completed.

I then clicked on app icon to open program and it starts to open. (bouncing in taskbar) but then just stops.

I have checked the install and ver. 12.3 is installed.

/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/MacOS/XBMC ; exit;
ERROR: Unable to create application. Exiting
logout

[Process completed]
Did you completely delete all of the previous xbmc folders before installing the update? This would be the 12.2 app as well as ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC. This should give you a completely fresh install. Might work. Worth a try anyway.

Just in case you're not aware, the User Library folder is hidden. You can access it from Finder by pressing Opt button while pulling down the Go menu.

After deleting all the previous xbmc Instalation try reinstalling 12.3. I don't know that this will work but it's the first thing I would try. If it doesn't work you could try one of the new Gotham nightlies. They are currently in beta and generally bug free.

Also, depending on your Gatekeeper settings you may need to right click the app the first time you launch it.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Thanks wgstarks

You were right on the money. the conflict was with that folder. As soon as I deleted it and re did the install it all worked fine.

Appreciated your support.

JackHK
(2014-03-15, 11:26)jackhk Wrote: Thanks wgstarks

You were right on the money. the conflict was with that folder. As soon as I deleted it and re did the install it all worked fine.

Appreciated your support.

JackHK

Glad I could help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC not opening0