Req Option to disable cuesheet reading during music scan
When music is scanned in, a cuesheet present in the directory may be used for metadata. That this will be done is not made obvious anywhere and there does not appear to be any way to disable it. A user should be able to indicate that they do not want metadata from cuesheets used for XBMC, especially as this information is seemingly not overridden by the file's tags or scrapers.
Why would you have .cue sheets with inaccurate information?

Regardless, a setting for it would be an option, though that setting would apply to ALL usage of .cue sheets.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

What about <excludefromscan> in advancedsettings.xml?
I don't think disabling .cue sheets during music scanning is necessary. From what I can see we have two cases:

a) single music files + cue
b) multiple music files + cue

a) is depending on a valid cue file to make any sense.
b) is probably what is causing problems (correct tags on the files but outdated cue file).

From what I can see there are two kind of easy solutions to this problems.

1) add an advancedsettings so that it does not pick up data from cue files from cue files containing multiple media files (would probably be a check in FileItem.ccp CFileItemList::FilterCueItems for MediaFileVec of lenght > 1)

2) Always prefer tags to information from cue files for cue files containing multiple media files (also update in FileItem.ccp CFileItemList::FilterCueItems)

What do you think? I could probably create a PR for this if any of these options would be acceptable
b) is indeed the issue here. My collection consists of FLACs ripped with either EAC or Morituri which I have subsequently retagged with MusicBrainz Picard. The cuesheets from EAC often contain incorrect metadata because of the limitations of its freedb-based metadata structure. The cuesheets therefore remain incorrect without manual intervention (which would be time-consuming), but the files have been accurately tagged.

I can't speak to what would be acceptable to the dev team, but either of the listed options would be suitable for my purposes.
I'd have no problem with number 2. It seems to me if there's a single file then overriding the tag info in the file seems reasonable. In fact, I'd almost be tempted to just ignore the .cue completely in that case, though I guess it might be used for silly things like .WAV or whatever where there's no tags at all?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

More than one year later and I remembered this one Smile

I have created a PR that will ignore cue files when they contain multiple files (unless an advancedsetting has been set), since this seem the most resonable. I can't think of any other places that could cause problem except the one that you mention, but I think they are very rare and getting it working fine for the majority of the cases (where a cd was ripped and then retagged) should be the priority Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to disable cuesheet reading during music scan0