XBMC version for Android 4.4
Just got a Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 running KitKat and I'm having trouble gettting XBMC to work. Just wondering if there's anyone that has it running sucessfully on this device.

I started with Gotham but got a green bar at the bottom of video streams. Did some research and it seemed hardware decoding was the likely culprit. I switched the acceleration to software but it didn't help. I also installed the latest gotham nightly. No dice.

Next I tried Frodo 12.3. That fixed the video issue but the sound was crackling and very choppy. I then installed the latest Frodo nightly and that fixed the audio issue but brought back the green bar issue. Tried changing the acceleration setting again but it didn't help.

Hoping someone can guide me on getting xbmc to work on this device.

Many thanks in advance...

-Jim
Hello,
I've not got the Tab Pro 10.1 but I do have the Note Pro 12.2 and Note 10.1 2014 tablets and both have this problem and xbmc are aware of it and I'm awaiting a patch from them to fix it. Both my Tabs have the same SoC which we believe is the problem but only if you have H/W Accel Module MediaCodec enabled, if you disable this module and leave LibStageFright module enabled they the green line will go away. Have a read of this thread which is what I've been trying to sort this out with Koying.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=187974
Thanks for the info. I will give it a try, fingers crossed...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC version for Android 4.40